Discussion topic: New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

This message was authored by WNeil This message was authored by: WNeil

Re: New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

There is a post

"Text messages not working after porting"

which raises an issue I had not thought of. The problem here was Identified as Sky not asking for all of the files needed to complete the transfer, as a consquence not all the phones services worked. I will have to ask Sky but in truth I know I will get a more rational respone from next doors dog than Sky Mobile phone support.

This message was authored by AliM53 This message was authored by: AliM53

I have the exact same issue, its beyond shocking, there is clearly is issue with Sky Mobile and no one is helping resolve it.  I am absolutely fuming

This message was authored by MSR1977 This message was authored by: MSR1977

I'm having similar issues and it's gettign beyond a joke. 7th June used PAC to migrate number to Sky mobile SIM. recieved new settings and txt messages sayign "welcome, all is good" etc.

8th June - No mobiel data. All incoming and outgoign calls "The person you are calling is on another call". Tech support basic script to reset variosu things didnt help. "Someone will call within 24 hours".

9th June - Someone will call within 48 hours (made sure they have my landline number!).

Currenlt usign a cheap PAYG SIM for emergencies btu stick the Sky Sim back in once a day and it doesn pick up SMS for a few seconds. Veyr helpful messages from support!!

12 June - Fault will be resolved within 5 days.

17th June - FAult will be resolved within 7 days.

Online cpmplaints chat seems to be bots only, no real people. HAve emailed complaints but not holding out much hope...

This message was authored by PS21 This message was authored by: PS21

What an absolute crock of (Insert any/as many expletives as helps!) Complete waste of time. I have had enough and jumped ship with the rest I'd the sky mobile customers who was an up and running service, one they actually receive! Good luck.

@MSR1977 I have been through the exact same situation! I say been as I have today been onto a new provider and am in the process of jumping ship!

@AliM53 They are absolutely atrocious! Am beginning to wonder if all the staff have left the company themselves and even the 'bots' are considering the same!

What an absolute crock of (Insert any/as many expletives as helps!) Complete waste of time. I have had enough and jumped ship with the rest of the sky mobile customers who want an actual up and running service and one they actually receive! Good luck people!

@Lee1976 Log into your Sky page and go onto the Joining/leaving Sky, opt for leaving, go thro the menu's and you will find the option 'request a PAC code'. Once you've verified and confirmed this choice they will send a PAC code via text message. (If you're like the rest of us who are only able to receive text messages).
This message was authored by LeedsRhinos2023 This message was authored by: LeedsRhinos2023

Instead of that, I would suggest calling and asking for Cancellation Team. That way, you can cancel, request PAC and demand a full refund

That's probably better and quicker provided you have the use of another phone line.

Thanks for the reply Kelsingra. You're the first employee to ACTUALLY make a comment on my thread. It would have been REALLY nice however if an employee of Sky Mobile would make a comment or help your customers out that are on here having problems/issues with no data/airtime! The scammer actually contacted me and was quite polite about things to make any kind of reply or comment, albeit for a different purpose!

This message was authored by Tadek6 This message was authored by: Tadek6

WooHoo!! I'm free!!

Just cancelled with full refund and off to another provider......they said they hadn't heard of this issue as yet 😂

This message was authored by Amyg84 This message was authored by: Amyg84

I rang to cancel this morning.  They are sending me a replacement sim card to try (even though yesterday they refused me one), if that doesn't work I have all the details ready to send my phone etc back and pac code to move to another provider 

This message was authored by WNeil This message was authored by: WNeil

I was promised a new Sim card Saturday as they believe that is the problem, I was not convinced that decision was based upon technical assessment or the only thing he could think of,  we will see, not a lot of optimism around I'm afraid. I'll let you know.

This message was authored by NiccyMacca This message was authored by: NiccyMacca

Hello there..... I too am having the same frustrating experience and issues.

I had set up another thread, which there are multiple people experiencing the same!!!
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Switching-sim-from-O2/m-p/4670673#M210441

I am now 3 weeks in and nothing but false promises and lies!!! 

One Technical Manager had the audacity to say to me, I quote "Just chill out, have a whisky or tea and sit on the sofa for 2 days, I promise I will call you back, I promise you will thank me when I sort this for you" - How rude, and guess what still no phone call!!

I spoke to 10 advisors Saturday morning alone who kept putting me through to wrong departments and wrong people as well as being on hold for 43 minutes!!

My husband transferred like me on the same day from o2 to Sky, both iPhones. His gone through no problem mine absolute nightmare!!!

Absolute shambles of a company and unbelievable customer service! Shocking!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion