Discussion topic: New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

This message was authored by Redline This message was authored by: Redline

New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

I changed from EE to sky, posted my number(completed) I have not been able to make calls, send text or access the internet. I can receive texts. I've called the help line but just seem to being fobbed off.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Since the number transfer completed have you checked that your phone itself is now showing the correct number and if it isn't changed it then rebooted the device ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Lewis101 This message was authored by: Lewis101

i have the exact same issue, changed sims and imported my number to the sky sim. 
Activated my account yesterday. old EE sim stopped working today, put my new sky mobile sim in and have '4G connection' but no data, no data at all. A full 25gb of data isnt there and cannot make calls or texts neither receive them..... 

This message was authored by PS21 This message was authored by: PS21

Recently moved to Sky Mobile from 02.  I have no calls or Internet at all, I've even tried using my landline to see if the mobile rings at all. The recorded message says the number is engaged/on another call, without even ringing! Help!

Redline
Topic Author
This message was authored by Redline This message was authored by: Redline

Xts Re: New contract, number ported, no calls, text or internet

Exactly the same issue although I can receive texts telling me my new number is working . 

Likewise! It's frustrating receiving texts saying you're up and running when you cannot use calls or data allowance. I cannot even call them to speak to anyone about it. Tried everything in their 'help/troubleshooting' (using separate home WiFi),  even used webchat but was told to wait 2 further working days, then another 24 hours. It's now the weekend and I activated my sim on Tuesday morning. My account is showing 0 data left of 25Gb. Am already thinking of leaving them!!!!

This message was authored by ACB This message was authored by: ACB

Exactly the same. Finally getting calls (although sometimes its saying no sevice). No texts so therefore can't set up payments or sign into secure websites etc. 

But, apparently, it's all down to the other companies having issues and not Sky. 

No airtime/data for 10 days now!

10 days and still not up and running with my sky mobile! Cannot use calls/airtime. Received text message within a day or so to day I was up and running AND received email to same effect, they've had my monthly payment and am in credit. No one has emailed with any update. Is it worth cancelling the account altogether and return to my previous provider?
This message was authored by Sarah254 This message was authored by: Sarah254

Same issue here - my sim has been activated and my old number transferred, but I can't make outgoing calls! 

This message was authored by ACB This message was authored by: ACB

Sadly, I had to leave as no-one would resolve. Day 2 of new contract and everything is working seamlessly. 

This message was authored by Tadek6 This message was authored by: Tadek6

Same problem here......EE to Sky, no outgoing or incoming calls yet there is a 5g signal. "The person you are calling is on another call" - no they are not.

Getting fobbed off.

Ditto! I went from 02 to Sky and wish I had never made the jump. I would change back right now if I could keep my number without any problems. God knows how I would manage to get my 2 months credit back. No one ever replies to you. I've emailed, DM on Facebook, left a tweet (or whatever you call it), as well as going through all the other channels online. Am at a complete loss now, given up.

@ACB Do you mind me asking which network you went to and how long it took please?

This message was authored by jez6 This message was authored by: jez6

I also have no calls or text since transfering in my number yesterday, cant find anyone to ring?

Re: No airtime/data for 10 days now!

Sorry, meant I have received a text message to "say" I was up and running. Needless to say I am still without service!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion