Discussion topic: NTL email

This message was authored by Joyce20 This message was authored by: Joyce20

NTL email

I want to set up my NTL world email on my phone and having issues.  

It says it doesn't recognise my user name or password

Best Answers
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess Answer

Re: NTL email

You'll need an app specific password.

Setting your app password to use an Email app

If you want to access your Virgin Media emails from an app, you’ll need to create a separate app password through Account settings on My Virgin Media.

To get the password, follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media a. Go to Account settings, then Account details b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions

A new secure password will be generated for you. Your app password can be used for all apps accessing your Virgin Media mail address. If you create a new app password, you’ll need to update all your existing apps with the new password.

We need to give you a separate app password to help make things more secure as IMAP and POP don’t support extra protection steps, like Multi Factor Authentication.

Remember that this password is separate from your sign in details for My Virgin Media (or any Virgin Media apps). So, if you need to check your Virgin Media Mail emails through My Virgin Media or at mail.virginmedia.com, you'll still use your My Virgin Media password.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

NTL is now part of Virgin, so if you are no longer with Virgin the email may have been stopped.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is your phone with Sky as I am struggling to see the connection here with Sky ?

If you have lost your Virgin email address as per the post above, then you can not set up a Sky one but can at somewhere like Gmail from Google to use instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess Answer

You'll need an app specific password.

Setting your app password to use an Email app

If you want to access your Virgin Media emails from an app, you’ll need to create a separate app password through Account settings on My Virgin Media.

To get the password, follow these steps:

Sign in to My Virgin Media a. Go to Account settings, then Account details b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Generate new App password and follow the instructions

A new secure password will be generated for you. Your app password can be used for all apps accessing your Virgin Media mail address. If you create a new app password, you’ll need to update all your existing apps with the new password.

We need to give you a separate app password to help make things more secure as IMAP and POP don’t support extra protection steps, like Multi Factor Authentication.

Remember that this password is separate from your sign in details for My Virgin Media (or any Virgin Media apps). So, if you need to check your Virgin Media Mail emails through My Virgin Media or at mail.virginmedia.com, you'll still use your My Virgin Media password.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
Joyce20
Topic Author
This message was authored by Joyce20 This message was authored by: Joyce20

Thank you so much for that xx

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

You're welcome. NTL user as well.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion