Discussion topic: Mobile account paid up and cancelled yet Sky still taking dd fir data charge?

This message was authored by DW1823 This message was authored by: DW1823

Mobile account paid up and cancelled yet Sky still taking dd fir data charge?

Sky mobile contract paid in full yet Sky still taking direct debit payment for Sky data. Why? The phone number and phone first exist anymore.

Ive cancelled the direct debit how do I get a refund?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Mobile account paid up and cancelled yet Sky still taking dd fir data charge?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DW1823  You may have paid fully for the device but the monthly data plan is still payable until you cancel it by giving 31 days notice providing you have had it for 12 months or more as the two are separate 

you won't get a refund if you have yet to cancel the data plan 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

DW1823
Topic Author

Re: Mobile account paid up and cancelled yet Sky still taking dd fir data charge?

Typo, should say don't exist anymore.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@DW1823  You may have paid fully for the device but the monthly data plan is still payable until you cancel it by giving 31 days notice providing you have had it for 12 months or more as the two are separate 

you won't get a refund if you have yet to cancel the data plan 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@DW1823 wrote:

Ive cancelled the direct debit how do I get a refund?

If you cancel the direct debit then Sky might not let you cancel the number until you reinstate it. As stated by @SKY1992bf paying the device off doesn't stop payments from being taken for the sim so once you restore the direct debit you can then cancel it but doing so will mean the number will then be lost.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
DW1823
Topic Author

Thanks all for your replies. 
The mobile contract  was fully paid up when cancelled in December 2023 and the number was also cancelled at the same time. Now when I go back onto the mobile account it won't let me submit a cancellation form as the number doesn't exist anymore so I've tried emailing Sky to say cancel the data contract as sim no longer in use. As you can't claim any unused data once the sim is cancelled so very unfair that Sky won't refund charges they've took knowing the sim is no longer in use! If this is the case as it states on my Sky.

Still waiting on Sky to reply to my emails asking why has the data contract not been cancelled,  yet they're very quick to email notice that the direct debit has been cancelled.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What date was the sim cancelled and when what this payment taken ?

Sky doesn't use email as a way we can contact them by so you might be better off by calling them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
DW1823
Topic Author

Thanks everyone, I've now telephoned Sky and got it all sorted everything is now cancelled.

Your help is much appreciated.

cheers 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion