Discussion topic: I want to remove parental settings on my account. However, Sky is asking for a credit card no.

This message was authored by MichaelBaker This message was authored by: MichaelBaker

I want to remove parental settings on my account. However, Sky is asking for a credit card no.

I tried to remove the parental restrictions to allow access to 18+ sites. Sky requested my card information to confirm I was over 18.  I put in these details only to discover that Sky required Credit Card details and my data was for a Debit Card.  How can I rectify this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: I want to remove parental settings on my account. However, Sky is asking for a credit card no.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MichaelBaker  If you don't have a credit card you can either use somebody else's as it doesn't need to in your or if you're over 18 and have a credit agreement with sky call sky  and they will be able to do it for you as they will know your over 18

if you can't do either of these you will be unable to remove restrictions 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: I want to remove parental settings on my account. However, Sky is asking for a credit card no.

@MichaelBaker  If you don't have a credit card you can either use somebody else's as it doesn't need to in your or if you're over 18 and have a credit agreement with sky call sky  and they will be able to do it for you as they will know your over 18

if you can't do either of these you will be unable to remove restrictions 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
MichaelBaker
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichaelBaker This message was authored by: MichaelBaker

Thanks Sky1992bf.  I shall quote my Sky a/c number at them and see if that makes a difference!

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @MichaelBaker  it needs to be a credit account number not your Sky account number. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion