Discussion topic: Hi all, I'm currently in the US and yet again I can't use roaming. No calls or texts either. Gone th

This message was authored by Alison08 This message was authored by: Alison08

Hi all, I'm currently in the US and yet again I can't use roaming. No calls or texts either. Gone th

Hi all, I'm currently in the US and yet again I can't use my phone except on the hotel or wherever wifi, so no calls or texts here or to the UK. I'm on my own with no phone. My phone is a Samsung A13 which is compatible apparently. Any ideas anyone, I'm desperate now. I've been through every help option twice with no joy. 

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Hi all, I'm currently in the US and yet again I can't use roaming. No calls or texts either. Gon

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Alison08  have you tried searching for and connecting to a different local network ? Have you made sure your monthly spend cap is set high enough ? Also try this and toggle the setting. 

Sky Menu App or SIM toolkit > Roaming/Home

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
Alison08
Topic Author
This message was authored by Alison08 This message was authored by: Alison08

Re: Hi all, I'm currently in the US and yet again I can't use roaming. No calls or texts either. Gon

Hi there, thank you ever so much for replying. I have indeed tried all those things but still no joy. VOLTE says LTE/2G/3G but here in the US I need to use 4G apparently. My A13 is 4G capable but doesn't want to know here. Can I sort that manually possibly. That's probably not it but willing to try anything. Otherwise I'll have to track down a US pay as you go sim card. 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion