Discussion topic: Google Pixel 6 Network settings not coming through

This message was authored by irishguy2024 This message was authored by: irishguy2024

Google Pixel 6 Network settings not coming through

Hi all I just signed up to Sky mobile, the phone works for calls and texts/wifi but the data connection does not.

I am clicking the option on mysky to send network settings but nothing is coming through. What settings should I use if anyone has a guide? Pixel 6 is not listed on the sky support page also under device support.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Google Pixel 6 Network settings not coming through

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@irishguy2024 

This should be what you need to do:

Go to sky.com/networksettings (My Account > Mobile > Settings) and sign in with your Sky iD.
Select the mobile number or SIM name you're having trouble with.
Scroll to 'Resend network settings' and select Request settings.
Save the settings when your receive them and reboot your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
irishguy2024
Topic Author
This message was authored by irishguy2024 This message was authored by: irishguy2024

yea that doesn't work I've tried several times and no settings come through. The pixel 6 is also not listed on the device support page.

This message was authored by Coll96 This message was authored by: Coll96

Hey, I have the same exact same issue with the exact same phone. Did you find a fix?

irishguy2024
Topic Author

No I just used the settings for another phone and it worked although the Google pixel can't get 5g so I'm only getting LTE.

That's a Google restriction apparently not a sky one. 

Sorry what do you mean by using another phones settings? Apologies if it's straight forward as I'm not too familiar with this whole process. If you have any advice how to get the data working at all on my Google pixel 6 with sky mobile LTE it would be appreciated.

@irishguy2024 sorry I know what you mean now by using it on another phone, so do you still not have data for sky mobile?

irishguy2024
Topic Author

Yep I have data the settings worked for that but I just don't have 5g speed. That is a Google pixel restriction unfortunately that may be rectified in the next android release I believe. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion