Discussion topic: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Nikkijlloyd This message was authored by: Nikkijlloyd

Re: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

I'm having this too, had about the same 2 messages over 50 times at this point. I called sky yesterday and the person I spoke to  didn't know anything about it so fingers crossed the people above who have said it's being looked at are right as it's driving me mad!! If anyone gets an update about it being resolved or a timeframe please do post on the group 

This message was authored by Precious2 This message was authored by: Precious2

So I've just had a whole bunch of back logged messages from the person I had been receiving the same text messages from so hopefully it has now been resolved. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. There still seems to be a bit of a delay but at least they are proper replies and not endless repeats of the same one!! 

This message was authored by Lyttosbeach2023 This message was authored by: Lyttosbeach2023

I've had an ongoing problem with sending texts on the sky network for a long time now , I even bought a new phone( Motorola ) and it's even worse .

Recipients used to get multiples from me in the past very regularly , yesterday and last night I got the same message hourly and was carrying on into this evening.

I called sky about this months ago and was told my line is fine . 

This really isn't good enough Sky and I'm about to move 2 phones to another network, I've had enough! 

@Lyttosbeach2023 

Quite honestly I don't blame you! Sky are a big enough company to be able to get this sorted out ASAP surely??!! 

This message was authored by Lyttosbeach2023 This message was authored by: Lyttosbeach2023

It definitely is an Android problem looking at people's responses . 

@Lyttosbeach2023 yes seems to be...I have just changed to a Google pixel 8 after having an iPhone....it did happen sometimes with the iPhone but not like this. The phone is great the network not so.....

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

Yes I'm android. 

I've not had my hourly text since around 17.30 so hopefully sorted. 🤞🤞

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

I've not had a duplicate text for nearly 3 hours now 🙏🏻

This message was authored by himbo99 This message was authored by: himbo99

I'm on a Nokia 105 and its doing it on that too 😢

This message was authored by cruse2 This message was authored by: cruse2

mine is sorted now.   texts  back to normal..    Thank you Sky technicians!

This message was authored by Jojoba68 This message was authored by: Jojoba68

Re: Not receiving SMS messages

@Precious2  Meant to message yesterday, as of 17.25, texts working and back to normal. 

@Jojoba68 that's good to hear! Mine too hopefully...no more repeat messages thankfully...thanks to the engineers for sorting it out. 

This message was authored by Paul+Maidens This message was authored by: Paul+Maidens

It's gone from bad to WORSE and I don't think Sky Mobile are taking this seriously.

In a complete lapse of concentration, I sent a message to a friend on Friday night, I then got a response from him every 2 hours from Friday night to Sunday evening, sometimes 7 messages at once. What a disgace! That now seems to have stopped.

I tested the network this morning, still receiving 3 messages from the 1 message sent.

I'm trying to call Sky Tech Team to get an update on the incident I reported in May.

@Paul+Maidens 

Had the same issues but it now appears to be resolved...sending and receiving messages normally. Hopefully yours will be the same too soon. 

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

Just tested, the receiving text every hour looks now to be fixed for me as none since yesterday.

However, the original reported issue of text recipients receiving 2/3 texts the same still happening for me it appears 

🙄🙄

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion