Discussion topic: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Kelly665 This message was authored by: Kelly665

Re: Multiple messages

It's a Motorola but it's not the phone that is the issue.

This message was authored by jep100 This message was authored by: jep100

Re: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

Phoned sky yesterday. It's a known problem. Told it would be resolved in 24 hours.  It looks like it is ok now. 

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

@jep100 wrote:

Phoned sky yesterday. It's a known problem. Told it would be resolved in 24 hours.  It looks like it is ok now. 

Just tested again, my recipient recd 3 texts the same....not sorted for me unfortunately 🙄

This message was authored by SBTD152JT This message was authored by: SBTD152JT

I don't think they are taking it that seriously. It's still not working properly & the frustrating thing is that this is my only contact number & I'm a carer for my 80 year old dad who has Parkinson's. If they need me when I'm not there, I'm not always getting messages from them. When I go on the status checker it still says they are aware of the problem with the mast & are working on it.

This message was authored by jep100 This message was authored by: jep100

Phone sky on 150 from your mobile. They only appear to sort out fault when you give them the phone no. That you have the problem with.

This message was authored by Andaisy This message was authored by: Andaisy

I have phoned them 3 times over the last 3 days stating that I cannot receive or send text messages they keep saying it will be sorted in 24 hours.  This is wrong info as nothing has been sorted.  I have just had a message from them stating that there is nothing wrong with the mast in our area.  We have no problem with calls just texts - so angry

This message was authored by Lyttosbeach2023 This message was authored by: Lyttosbeach2023

I've had problems with sending duplicate text messages for probably a year now , I rang them about it , got through to the Indian call centre to be told my line is fine . It's obviously not . 

Not good enough Sky , I wonder if any other providers have such problems ? It's probably to do with how much allowance they buy from the main providers, not being enough, strange thing is my daughter's apple products never have this problem . 

Re:Text messages

After receiving a text message saying that there was no problem with the mast I decided to call the complaints department.  It took an hour at the end of it Sky has admitted that there is a problem all over the UK and hopefully it should be sorted in 2 - 3 days.  Lets wait and see.

This message was authored by philhaydon This message was authored by: philhaydon

I have recieved the same text thirty one times over two days.
Using My Sky is useless unless you need to waste some time and raise your frustration level.

This message was authored by Zippy This message was authored by: Zippy

Texts sending 3 times

I've recently joined Sky Mobile on a sim only deal being used in a One Plus 12R, transferring my number over. Since activating my sim, all my texts send 3 times, really annoying for recipients ! Ive had all the handset settings checked by experts and all say its a network provider issue. Does anyone have any solutions please ? 

This message was authored by Paul+Maidens This message was authored by: Paul+Maidens

Re: Texts sending 3 times

Hey Zippy, (+ everyone on the thread)

Same here, I have a Oneplus 10, great phone.

Issue is only on Android, my wifes Apple iPhone works fine.

I've had this problem for months. I reported to Sky Mobile Technical support, I have chased them numerous times and escalated twice. Today, they are sending me a new SIM.

If this doesn't work, I'm cancelling my Sky Mobile subscription because Sky Support is ineffective and my contacts are getting very annoyed at multiple messages.

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

I'm still having same issue despite being told on numerous occassions that it will be sorted...usually within 24 hrs. I've 3 sky phones and all suffering same. 

I'll just leave it now and all the folks I send texts to can see how good Sky are in this regard and the consequential reputational damage that brings. 

Nothing more I can do 

best of luck with new SIM 

This message was authored by Lyttosbeach2023 This message was authored by: Lyttosbeach2023

I'm completely hacked off about this now , still happening. 

Does a representative of Sky not visit these pages ? 

Some advice on how to get over this problem would be nice ! .

Well I am really angry now as not only can I send and receive texts but I cannot use  the internet when out and about.  The text issue I have phoned Sky numerous times and eventually phoned the complaints department to which I was told that my text problem would be sorted out within 3 days - wrong as that was three weeks ago (total time without texts is now 6 weeks) and it still hasn't been fixed so tomorrow I will have another go so wish me luck.

This message was authored by Paul+Maidens This message was authored by: Paul+Maidens

Well, the new SIM, as advised by some of you, proved useless, as expected.👍

I phoned Sky Technical Support 😣.

The problem they tell me is, your message is not being received correctly therefore being it is being resent. Understood, but none of this is under my control, it's the network, specifically the Sky Mobile Network and Android Google Messenger.

They had me perform the following tests, again, none of which resolved the issue,

1/ Delete my SMS conversation and resend

2/ Clear the messaging Cache/memory and resend.

3/ We'll send you a new Sim Card,  please don't.

4/ Aeroplane Mode on/off - Disconnected the call

5/ Switch off the phone, remove the SIM, polish it, reinsert, restart

6/ Escalating this to Mobile Tech Team. The Mobile Tech team will ask for 3 days, SMS me to say the problem is fixed, it won't be.

7/ I've now been holding 15m for the "retentions" team, what's the point? I hung up.

So, 1H50m later, no further. Very disappointing

After 3 months, 10 hours on the phone with Sky Tech Support, I have completely lost my patience. There are better/cheaper mobile phone providors on the market not sending 3 SMS messages in my name.

Check www.moneysavingexpert.com and find a better mobile phone providor. I'll be on a monthly contract so if they ever fix it, I could jump back to Sky, unlikely

Sorry I couldn't resolve this for any of you. best of luck.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion