Discussion topic: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

This message was authored by Rebecca48 This message was authored by: Rebecca48

Duplicate text messages and calling issues

Over the last few weeks I have been experiencing 2 problems.

When sending texts the recipient will receive the same message multiple times.

Also when making a call nothing happens from my end but the recipient of the call says it rings but then they can't hear anything. I have to redial, sometimes multiple times before I get a connection. Any suggestions please on how to resolve this? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Duplicate text messages and calling issues

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Can I firstly apologise sincerely for the length of time it has taken for us to be able to resolve this problem.  Our support teams have advised that they believe this issue was resolved earlier today.

Can I ask if this is the case for everyone, please?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is your sgnal strength pretty good and are no network issues showing here:

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus/your-services/mobile

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Rebecca48
Topic Author

Yes that's right, I've double checked using the link you provided and is shows no issues 

This message was authored by cus1 This message was authored by: cus1

Hi, have you found a solution please? I've 2 sky mobiles and experiencing same problems with both 

Thanks 

This message was authored by John261 This message was authored by: John261

I have a sky mobile and when sending text messages it is stating trouble sending, but the person I am sending the messages to is receiving them multiple times even though my phone is saying not sent.  when checking service area on Sky it is saying all is ok.  I have turned my phone of several times and taken out the sim card and put it back in.  Why is it doing this?

This message was authored by Michael-118 This message was authored by: Michael-118

Double Texting

Please help,  Im sending out one text to friends, but friends are getting the same text twice,  Double Texting,    some help would be  helpfull,  Thanks You.

This message was authored by Nat11111 This message was authored by: Nat11111

Happening to me too. Been happening since roughly 20th March! Just replied on another one who is having the same issues. Only found out today when. Someone asked me why I keep sending things twice. I know some of the messages were from clicking resend after saying unable to send but not all of them! Always seems to be issues with Sky over the last year. 

This message was authored by Rikk This message was authored by: Rikk

Since Monday my phone keeps sending duplicate text messages

• On Monday my phone started sending duplicate text messages. Also Monday another sky mobile phone in the house couldn't ring or receive calls but we sorted this by restarting it. Can't seem to sort the other sending duplicate text messages. Tried restarting, clearing storage, deleting text messages, checking phone signal, running virus scans. 

Re: Since Monday my phone keeps sending duplicate text messages

Yes, I've another sky mobile which is randomly ending calls before answering and losing network connections. Fixed by switching on and off etc but multiple texts issue remains. 

This message was authored by Andrew+s. This message was authored by: Andrew+s.

Exactly same two issues for me,the sms relatively new, couple of months up to now, but the call issues where it does nothing my end but the other end is fine has been ongoing since I have been with Sky, about 3 years so far 

This message was authored by Julie151 This message was authored by: Julie151

Re: Duplicate text messages. I send one message and the recipient receives two.

Just been told that after sending one message the recipient receives two. Network reset, caiche cleared etc all to no avai. One message sent two received at the other end. Recently returned from holiday...unable to send messages at all....kept failing.

Rebecca48
Topic Author

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm still expericeing the exact same issues, I've even out the SIM card into a different handset and still having the same problems

Hi, mine was rectified (must have been a sky fix) but it's started again!. I've given up 😳

This message was authored by Hanimal This message was authored by: Hanimal

Duplicate text messages

Text messages are sending 3+ times. Have cleared the cache, restarted phone etc. This has been going on for months. Just did a text to my husband and it sent 5 times! Seems to get stuck for a while sending before says sent, no matter where I am. All my families phones sending ones back to me don't do it though, just mine?! 

This message was authored by Elcop This message was authored by: Elcop

I am having this issue, its really frustrating all my texts going through twice.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion