Discussion topic: Contract phone on back order

This message was authored by boldie89 This message was authored by: boldie89

Contract phone on back order

I've ordered my new phone via sky on contract. It's highlighted as on back order on the tracker, im hoping im correct in thinking the contract won't start taking payments until the phone is received? I can't find the answer to this anywhere else. 
TIA

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Contract phone on back order

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@boldie89 wrote:

im hoping im correct in thinking the contract won't start taking payments until the phone is received?

You are correct in your thinking, it doesn't start until you receive the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Art4arthritis This message was authored by: Art4arthritis

I have the same question.  I ordered a new phone on 29th.  Looking for the same answer.   I am thinking the only answer that comes to mind is that they will be processed after tomorrow. 1st of Jan 2023.  I am only guessing though.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Art4arthritis 
The most up to date information on your particular order should be available at https://www.sky.com/help/articles/track-sky-order
As customers we have no insider knowledge regarding stock levels or delivery timescales. Any mention of 'on back order' means there is no stock available to fulfil your order.

Once it’s on its way you should get two emails, one from Sky, and then one from DPD with details of your 1 hour delivery time slot. Be aware that DPD are also having serious issues with deliveries due to the Christmas rush and the impact of the Royal Mail strike action.

If you’ve ordered an iPhone 14~ Apparently there are still major delays on Apple devices, in particular the iPhone 14 range and especially the Pro and Pro Max. These are in short supply worldwide (on all networks, not just Sky), due to the Apple factory in China working at greatly reduced capacity because of further Covid lockdowns.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Art4arthritis wrote:

I have the same question.  

Then the answer is the same in that you only start to pay for it when you have it in your hands,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion