Discussion topic: Being charged for something i don't have.

This message was authored by Sommer89 This message was authored by: Sommer89

Being charged for something i don't have.

Hello, I am having a very distressing ongoing issue and would like some help or advice.

I ordered a Samsung A14 for my partner. Later I found out he had already chosen a phone separately.

So I needed to cancel the Samsung due to be delivered by sky.

I rang them and was advised to "reject on delivery"

I also was returning an Ipad and was told to return that with the courier who was bringing the phone.

I handed the ipad to the courier and never accepted or even touched the Samsung A14. The courier left with both.

I then received an email telling me that the item had been received back with sky. I took this as meaning both ipad and phone.

It wasn't until over a month later I received a letter billing me for the phone.

I rang sky and it got escalated to be investigated and was told someone would call me from that team.

Each time they have called and I have answered quickly, they hang up after 8 seconds and it's not a number I can call back on.

This has been going on each month since May and I have repeatedly rung sky and yet the issue still persists.

Today I have spoken with sky and they now inform me that they have investigated and found that I did receive the phone and that I am now liable for the cost (£250 so far).

Again, I never received the phone, I never activated the phone, I don't need the phone and I don't have money to throw away for something that I have never received.

I am going to see my options with Citizen's advice and looking online for help right now. Does anyone have any experience with this? Anyone know what I can do? 

I have a newborn, I am going through a lot of personal issues and this is stressful beyond belief.

Anyone who can help, thank you!

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Being charged for something i don't have.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sommer89 wrote:

I handed the ipad to the courier and never accepted or even touched the Samsung A14. The courier left with both. 

@Sommer89 

This is where the confusion may have started. You wouldn't normally return an iPad via the courier. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Sommer89
Topic Author

They received the iPad back, I received an email saying they have received my return so I thought that was for all the items 

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Did the driver give you any receipt for the iPad & Phone? If not then alas it is your word against the driver. If you've confirmed the iPad has been received back then the delivery company may need to investigate the missing phone, however I would expect Sky to have done this & if the driver stated they delivered the phone & they somehow have a photo/proof of the delivery then Sky will close the case.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by Chris431 This message was authored by: Chris431

Hi did you get thus resolved ? I'm having something similar I ordered a apple watch series 9 but it never turned up I even still have the dpd tracking for it showing there is a problem with my parcel , I spoke to dpd amd they've said there was a problem with it and have notified sky, I am still being charged £14 a month for this since Dec and all sky keep telling me is it was delivered on the 27th Jan, I'm at my whits end with this company , I'm still waiting to hear from the complaints department if no joy I'll take this to small claims court. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chris431 

Yoh might want to register a complaint by filling in the online form and if you can upload an image of the tracking so Sky can see that you did not receive it:

https://www.sky.com/help/complaints

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Sommer89
Topic Author

No it didn't get resolved even went to the top I ended up paying the £300 for the phone I never received 

This message was authored by Chris431 This message was authored by: Chris431

@caesarome  hi I did this yesterday there wasn't an option to upload a picture but I did put all the tracking info in so they can check , when I spoke to dpd yesterday they informed me that sky was investigating in January as to why it wasn't delivered but then they proceed to charge me and say it was delivered,  they've lost a customer now as soon as my contracts end I will be cancel all services with them.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion