Discussion topic: Sky (temporarily unavailable)

This message was authored by BillMcDui This message was authored by: BillMcDui

Sky (temporarily unavailable)

Abroad in Spain, there is no mobile service. Under Settings, for Calls and SMS is the message : "Sky (Temporarily unavailable)". Tried all the troubleshooters but nothing works. Has always worked on previous trips abroad. Anybody got any ideas?

Best Answers
BillMcDui
Topic Author
This message was authored by BillMcDui This message was authored by: BillMcDui Answer

Re: Sky (temporarily unavailable)

I still had the same message "Sky (temporarily unavailable)" when I returned to the UK. I got a replacement SIM card from Sky and the problem has gone away.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Spain is a country that does appear to have people reporting issues more than anywhere else so I'm not sure there is anything else you can do other than to check that if you have set a spend cap that is set high enough for your stay.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
BillMcDui
Topic Author
This message was authored by BillMcDui This message was authored by: BillMcDui

Thanks for the reply @caesarome  . I certainly have a large enough spend cap. It's a strange problem because it appears that Sky has not attempted to connect to any Spanish mobile operator. I didn't even get the usual "Welcome to Spain ... " message.

BillMcDui
Topic Author
This message was authored by BillMcDui This message was authored by: BillMcDui Answer

I still had the same message "Sky (temporarily unavailable)" when I returned to the UK. I got a replacement SIM card from Sky and the problem has gone away.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion