Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by CMainprize16 This message was authored by: CMainprize16

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

Wazek, I literally had to reset my IPhone to factory default for this to fix itself. Try that

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you TS1986. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by newuser This message was authored by: newuser

doesn't work for me – doesn't allow to save a different number.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@newuser 

Have you been told that your number has transferred?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by iOS+user This message was authored by: iOS+user

Hello

i have the same issue as everyone on this thread. Number has been transferred to new phone via PAC process. iMessage and FaceTime have been turned off and on again along with the phone. Old number not showing on iMessage or FaceTime. It is working for other calls etc. 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  
Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation. 
Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by iOS+user This message was authored by: iOS+user

Thanks. This site doesn't seem optimised for mobile as I have to accept cookies in every single page I click on, and sign in every time I visit, so I am not sure how I will see that. But I will keep looking out for it. 

This message was authored by Gonker63 This message was authored by: Gonker63

Hi exactly the same issue as others - new Sky Sim ported from EE,  message received stating now active on my old number transferred. Can make calls but not receive either calls or texts. Have checked my numbers are correct, have removed Sim several times, and rebooted more times than I care to.....  spoke to 150 but the polite lady didn't appear to recognize the problem. Offered to send a new Sim card, but I'm still believing there must be a method of getting this working?

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

I had to turn off Wi-Fi & manually change the number.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

After speaking with iOS+user we advised to update the number manually for their Apple ID which resolved the issue.

It was a pleasure speaking with you iOS+user and thanks again.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by SMunKT This message was authored by: SMunKT

Hello.

I am having similr issue to most here. I recently swapped from GiffGaff but today my iMessage and Facetime stopped working. I tried to change the number manually in the phone setting but it keeps reverting back to what was my temporary number from Sky. I have also tried taking out sim + rebooting to no avail. Any assistance would be greatfully appreciated.

Thnaks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

After changing the number in your phone did you try rebooting your phone ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  
Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation. 
Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147  

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Update – We are still looking to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂 

This message was authored by Sue+M+t This message was authored by: Sue+M+t

Sky texted me to say my number has been transferred but sky sim doesn't work.  I have tried putting old EE sim back but still 'no service'. Have been waiting for a month for this transfer. On second sim and pac code as previous ones expired.  NOw I can't even phone sky because phone not working !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion