Discussion topic: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Apple iPhone User? Ported a Number to Sky?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@1111111megan 

Did you get a Pac code from EE and then give it Sky because if you did the number transfer should have taken place on the next working day so when did you give Sky the pac code ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by 1111111megan This message was authored by: 1111111megan

Hi

Yes I gave sky my PAC code around 2 weeks ago.

called them today and I was told to change my number in settings and I won't need to call back cause this will work. However this has not worked .

So when you gave them the Pac code did you then receive an email or text saying the transfer had been completed or did Sky say that it has gone through. If so you might need to change the number in the settings a number of times before it will save. If it still doesn't and if the number transfer has happened then you could order a replacement sim as that will come with the correct transferred number:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/replacement-sim

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by 1111111megan This message was authored by: 1111111megan

Thanks for your help.

I have ordered a replacement sim.

thanks

Megan

This message was authored by slavaweb This message was authored by: slavaweb

it is not common practice for a company to request credit card details in order to remove parental control settings or to receive text services that are included in your package.Review your account details and terms of service to ensure that you are receiving the services you have paid for and to address any discrepancies.

This message was authored by Simba2557 This message was authored by: Simba2557

I sm getting the exact dame message trying to add Sky Mobile to my Skystream/sky fibre account. Spike to tech guys in Scotland but I am expecting a call back tomorrow. 

This message was authored by Hannah4 This message was authored by: Hannah4

Hi, I tried the steps above and changed my number manually and switched the phone off 3 times but it is still showing the temporary number and I can't send text messages. However, when I call someone my permanent number appears on the other phone. Does anyone have any idea what I can do next?

You could order yourself a replacement sim as that should come with the correct number once you have activated it:

This message was authored by JessP046 This message was authored by: JessP046

I was on Virgin Mobile and moved to Sky around March 2023. I got my PAC code, I got the text all was completed. It has further removed my original numbre from iMessage and Facetime; I have tried to edit my phone number but when I click saves it still reverts back to the one the phone came with from Sky.

I have restarted the phone after doing so and it makes no difference - currently, people can call my sim no problem but it is not linked to my phone settings and I cannot access iMessage and Facetime still.

This message was authored by Hannah4 This message was authored by: Hannah4

Thanks for your help. I changed the number in my settings and turned my phone off for an hour and it had changed when I switched it back on. All sorted now. Hope you can sort yours too!

This message was authored by Kayleashlissy This message was authored by: Kayleashlissy

Transferring my old number to sky it still not worked ?

Any tips help welcome , transferd my old number over to sky and it's been few days and still not done I've done all the changes on my phone and still nothing ?.

Re: Transferring my old number to sky it still not worked ?

@Kayleashlissy 

Has Sky told you that the number has transfered, if they have is your phone in the settings showing the temporary sim number because if it is it will need changing then rebooting so have you done this ?

This message was authored by Marlene1960 This message was authored by: Marlene1960

I've had the email to say my number has been ported over, manually changed the number in my iPhone but still cannot receive incoming calls, it's been over 24 hours like this now. 

Callers get the message 'number not recognised' 

I've emailed Sky as I can't find any help in the online guides - wondered if anyone here has had the same and how was it sorted? 

@Marlene1960 

Try ordering yourself a replacement sim as that should come with the correct number:

This message was authored by Yanto2003 This message was authored by: Yanto2003

Hi I am getting the same issue number ported yesterday but temp number still shows on iphone and cant receive texts or calls.

changed from 3 to sky

pac code was given instore

received confirmation of number port.

Please help

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion