Discussion topic: sky go app won't load (WINDOWS)

This message was authored by Sharozly This message was authored by: Sharozly

sky go app won't load (WINDOWS)

i have always used the sky go app on my laptop but it wouldn't load so i uninstalled i, followed all the recommendations to remove data also but it still will not open after another installation. PLEASE HELP

Moderator note: added 'WINDOWS' to the title to be more specific on the issue.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: sky go app won't load (WINDOWS)

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all

Thanks for your patience whilst we continue to work on the issue regarding Sky Go crashing on windows.

Our product and development teams continue to work on this fault & once we have further details to share on this I will reach back out with an update.

Thanks

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: sky go app won't load

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What is happening when you try to open it and what version of windows are you running ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Sharozly
Topic Author

Windows 11 on a new acer laptop, it was working fine until yesterday when it would not load so I uninstalled and reinstalled. I get the screen for accepting cookies and then checking for updates then it shuts down.

This message was authored by MM25 This message was authored by: MM25

Having the same problem.

This message was authored by Last+Ninja This message was authored by: Last+Ninja

widows 11 

worked before now not working

when i open it its says

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access " on this server.

Sharozly
Topic Author

I have tried to reinstall several times and it still will not work....seriously fed up now!! 

Can someone confirm the latest version as sky is saying 24.1.3.2 and I'm getting 23.5.1.0?

It also comes up with requested operation requires elevation, I am running as administrator so don't know what else to do. I had a free trial of Mcafee on the laptop which I have disabled but could that be stopping it from downloading?

This message was authored by Gobbledygook This message was authored by: Gobbledygook

Re: Sky go update. Laptop

Have had exactly the same experience this evening. Started Sky Go,  it wanted to install and update, then it wont start properly. Appears to try and start then crashes. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference. Really poor.

This message was authored by Charliee This message was authored by: Charliee

In the same boat - new windows 11 laptop - would not get past preferences and now won't load

This message was authored by Gobbledygook This message was authored by: Gobbledygook

Re: Sky Go not loading after update 24.1.3.0

I've got the same problem. I've uninstalled the app and tried reinstalling it each day since Tuesday but keep getting the same version 24.1.3.0. 

How crap is it you don't get any help and have to hand on for ages on the phone to get a response.

Any idea where you can get 24.1.3-1?  I've tried uninstalling, clearing the Sky go directory and reinstalling from the Sky website on Tuesday, Wednesday and now on Thursday but without success,. It keeps reinstalling 24.1.3.0 which doesnt work on my Windows 10 computer.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It might be that the new version has only just started to roll out so it might be worth checking again in a few days time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Paul3765 This message was authored by: Paul3765

Same problem as others that is Skygo goes into checking for updates and then closes, with this number of questions surely Sky should realise they have a problem, only running Windows 10 but normally no problem

This message was authored by Helen2101 This message was authored by: Helen2101

Hi is there a fix for this yet ?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling again today for the umpteenth time over the last 3 weeks but with no success. Really frustrating and poor/non existent customer service.

Sharozly
Topic Author

same issue, will only install 24.1.3.0 for me but immediatley crashes, really not happy and getting closer to cancelling sky altogether!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion