Discussion topic: Unable to access Sky Q recordings

This message was authored by SteveF This message was authored by: SteveF

Unable to access Sky Q recordings

Since upgrading to Sky Fibre last month  I am receiving a message on my IPAD when running Sky Go that says 'To connect to this box you need to upgrade your subscription to include Sky Q Multiscreen'. 

I am at home connected to the same WiFi as the Sky boxes.

I have attempted deleting and redownloading the app on the iPad- but now the recordings section has disappeared off the in app menu all together!

How can I correct this so that I can access recordings on my Sky Go app?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Unable to access Sky Q recordings

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SteveF wrote:

Having read further other q&a I think I need sky multiroom at £15 per month. Which I don't need any more miniq boxes

@SteveF 

That will be the issue, if you have just the main box then you will be unable to access your recordings without a multiscreen subscription.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have you tried getting the device the app is installed on to disconnect from

your Wi-Fi connection then to search for all available Wi-Fi connections then connect to yours again ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
SteveF
Topic Author
This message was authored by SteveF This message was authored by: SteveF

Hi. Yes. Done that. Everything is on the same SSID.  

Having read further other q&a I think I need sky multiroom at £15 per month. Which I don't need any more miniq boxes and £190 pa is too much just to watch recordings on my ipad. 

Unless there is some other way? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

@SteveF wrote:

Having read further other q&a I think I need sky multiroom at £15 per month. Which I don't need any more miniq boxes

@SteveF 

That will be the issue, if you have just the main box then you will be unable to access your recordings without a multiscreen subscription.

This message was authored by DavidSinger This message was authored by: DavidSinger

I have multi room and Sky WiFi and it still says Sky Q box not found and BBC channels not showing on TV guide 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion