Discussion topic: Sky Go on Consoles - error a18b42e2

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: PS4 error a18b42e2

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @KT2719 . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by PUSB14 This message was authored by: PUSB14

Sky Go Xbox one

Hi all, 

This seems to be a pretty common issue but none of the discussions seem to have a fix. 

Sky Go is not working on Xbox one - displaying the message:

'Something went wrong, please try again' 

and the error code a18b42e2. 

having read through other discussions, just as with myself, sky go was working perfectly fine and then after an update this message displays and will not advance. I have tried un and reinstalling, clearing caches, Ethernet, wifi, mobile hotspot, all with no joy. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Go Xbox one

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PUSB14 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to PUSB14.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Sky Go through Xbox issue

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.  I've escalated this problem to our Support Teams to investigate.

In the meantime, can I ask a few questions regarding this problem?

• What console are you using?
  • Does the problem impact Live TV or On Demand content? Or does it impact both?
  • What channel/s are you using the problem on?
  • If you reset the network settings for your consoles' connection to your router, does this help?
  • What version of firmware is your console using?
  • Who is your broadband ISP?

I'm going to mark this thread as answered, so that we can obtain this information to help the investigation.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Sky Go on Consoles - error a18b42e2

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We believe this problem may be linked to Connectivity and would like you to try these steps:

• If you have a spare Ethernet (LAN) cable, plug one end of the cable to the Xbox and the other to the router.
  • Update the Xbox to use a wired connection
  • Start the app
  • Attempt to play back Live or On-Demand content
  • If you don't have a cable to use, you can try changing the WiFi frequency on the router and restart your console, before attempting to play back the service.

Can you let us know how you get on by posting in this thread please?

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now after not receiving further response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by maria9985 This message was authored by: maria9985

This is so frustrating!!

I have no network cable I shouldn't have to have a network cable...

I have changed the channel from auto to 4 and same issue.

(a18b42e2)

turned off ps5 and router all back on and same issue.

Is there actually a fix or not!

This should not be happening for so many people over so many months without an actual fix...

This message was authored by B2R2 This message was authored by: B2R2

I've tried all these things and still having the same issues on PS5. 

weirdly if connect the PS5 to my mobile hotspot it works fine but won't connect on WiFi 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion