Discussion topic: Sky Go not working on new M2 Mac

This message was authored by OwainGlyndwr This message was authored by: OwainGlyndwr

Sky Go not working on new M2 Mac

I recently purchased a new M2 MAC and I can't seem to get Sky Go working. It tries to load but stops, giving error (001) unable to connect. The first time I tried this the MAC prompted me to install Rosetta which I accepted. I've tried uninstalling-reinstalling-rebooting but it still doesn't work. Can someone help me get Sky Go working again please? My intel MAC ran Sky Go without major issues.

Best Answers
OwainGlyndwr
Topic Author
This message was authored by OwainGlyndwr This message was authored by: OwainGlyndwr Answer

Re: Sky Go not working on new M2 Mac

I managed to eventually get it working on M2 Mac by following these steps.

1. Delete Sky Go app from applications folder AND trash.

2. Open Finder then Go from top menu bar

3. Copy and paste one of these libraries and carefully seach for any Sky Go files or folders and delete them (then delete trash) :

~/Library/Preferences/

~/Library/Application Support

~/Library/Caches/

~/Library/Logs/

~/Library/LaunchAgents

~/Library/Cookies

~/Library/Group Containers

4. Then repeat with the next library and so on until all are searched.

5. Delete Trash.

6. Reinstall Sky Go for Mac from sky.com

7. Launch app

8. Sign in

9. Bingo!

Good luck!!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @OwainGlyndwr 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
OwainGlyndwr
Topic Author
This message was authored by OwainGlyndwr This message was authored by: OwainGlyndwr

Here is the (edited) transcript of the webchat with the Sky expert which unfortunately ended unsuccessfully when it closed at 7pm.

Good Afternoon and thank you for using the Sky Community Messaging Service today.
I'm sorry to hear about the Sky Go issue, my name's Tom and i can certainly look into this for you.
Do you have a few minutes to go through security and verification for your account?

Yes

Thanks, Owain. Before we get to it, I just want to make sure your device can support the app.
Can you confirm that the requirements are met?
Select the Apple icon, choose About this Mac and check they meet (or are better than) the minimum requirements:

OS X: 10.12 and above.
Processor: Intel Core i5 processor (dual-core).
RAM: 4GB DDR3.
Video Card: 512 MB RAM (Dedicated or Dynamic).

Yes my MAC exceeds these requirements except the processor is M2 not intel

Sky Advisor
How far do you get with the app, at which point does it stop progressing?

It gets to the blue square with sky go at the top. In the blue square itself it says CONNECTING YOUR APPLICATION. Then 'Were having problems connecting you Error 001. Underneath is a button which says Try Again

Sky Advisor
Do you have VPN or Citrix enabled on your device?

No VPN or Citrix

Sky Advisor
Firewalls or ad block?

Ad Block Yes

Sky Advisor

Can you uninstall the app, disable ad block, restart the device than try installing the app again?

ok...

Sky Advisor

And if that does not work, repeat the actions again, but this time reboot the hub as well, then turn your device back on and install the app again.

First method no joy.Trying second method..

No that didn't work either. Same problem happens

Sky Advisor

Can you go to the app store, and check if there is any update available. Likewise, can you check if there is an update available on your device?

And make sure Rosetta is still downloaded and Ad Block remains disabled.

ok How do i check rosetta?

Sky Advisor

When it asked you to install it, did you complete installation and then did not uninstall it?

I accepted permission to install Rosetta and have done nothing since

Sky Advisor

And did you since receive any notification that it was installed? Can you check your downloads?

No notification of installation. Nothing in the downloads folder

Sky Advisor

It should be automatic, so for as long as your pressed installed then entered your details it should be fine. Can you now check for updates, just to make sure we did not miss that?

Already checked. No Updates pending

Sky Advisor

Can you tell me the apps version number from the app store?

It was in Finder

Sky Advisor

Thank you. And now I asked you this, but this time, I need the specifics. Can you tell for each what your device has?

OS X: 10.12 and above.
Processor: Intel Core i5 processor (dual-core).
RAM: 4GB DDR3.
Video Card: 512 MB RAM (Dedicated or Dynamic).

OSX Sonoma 14.1.1

M2 processor

8GB RAM

Sky Advisor

And the video card, please?

I don't know sorry

10 core GPU?

No reply as 7pm reached.
Issue unresolved.

This message was authored by Ragazzop This message was authored by: Ragazzop

Same problem here

New mac

i think it doesnt liek the app migration, but I uninstalled and re installed , rebooted ect. 

Nothing happening

OwainGlyndwr
Topic Author
This message was authored by OwainGlyndwr This message was authored by: OwainGlyndwr Answer

I managed to eventually get it working on M2 Mac by following these steps.

1. Delete Sky Go app from applications folder AND trash.

2. Open Finder then Go from top menu bar

3. Copy and paste one of these libraries and carefully seach for any Sky Go files or folders and delete them (then delete trash) :

~/Library/Preferences/

~/Library/Application Support

~/Library/Caches/

~/Library/Logs/

~/Library/LaunchAgents

~/Library/Cookies

~/Library/Group Containers

4. Then repeat with the next library and so on until all are searched.

5. Delete Trash.

6. Reinstall Sky Go for Mac from sky.com

7. Launch app

8. Sign in

9. Bingo!

Good luck!!

This message was authored by MJF14 This message was authored by: MJF14

@OwainGlyndwr you absolute legend. Had an M1 Mac for 3 years and never been able to get skygo working. This worked perfectly - thank you

This message was authored by designerlondon This message was authored by: designerlondon

Ok thanks, will give it a go.....

---------------------------------------
Sky Q since Feb 2018, 2TB Box (Community Fibre 1GBbps), Sky Full Package, UHD, 2 x Multiscreen, VIP, MacBook Pro M2 Max 16” / 96GB / 2TB SSD / Ventura 13.6.1, iMac 27” 4 GHz Quad-Core i7 / 32GB / 2TB fusion / 4GB AMD Radeon R9 M239X, Monterey 12.7, iPhone 13 Pro / 256GB / iOS 16,6.1, iPad Air 2, 1080p TVs only
This message was authored by designerlondon This message was authored by: designerlondon

Thanks mate - this worked for me! 🙏🏽

and picture isn't too shabby on a M2 max laptop retina screen 💻 one win at a time 

---------------------------------------
Sky Q since Feb 2018, 2TB Box (Community Fibre 1GBbps), Sky Full Package, UHD, 2 x Multiscreen, VIP, MacBook Pro M2 Max 16” / 96GB / 2TB SSD / Ventura 13.6.1, iMac 27” 4 GHz Quad-Core i7 / 32GB / 2TB fusion / 4GB AMD Radeon R9 M239X, Monterey 12.7, iPhone 13 Pro / 256GB / iOS 16,6.1, iPad Air 2, 1080p TVs only
This message was authored by DavidW82 This message was authored by: DavidW82

If anyone is coming across this recently, I tried the steps outlined above (delete the app, clear library folders, empty trash, re-install) and it worked for me. 

This message was authored by henryv This message was authored by: henryv

I did remove Sky Sport too but it still asked me to log out and in, over and over.

I removed all caches and cookies from my Mac, and it works again.

When you remove the caches and cookies you will be asked to log in on some of your other favourite sites too. 

Another option.

This message was authored by Alexswinden This message was authored by: Alexswinden

i still seem to be having this issue after folling all the steps 😞

This message was authored by Alexswinden This message was authored by: Alexswinden

*** Following

This message was authored by wevverss This message was authored by: wevverss

This doesn't work

This message was authored by ml58 This message was authored by: ml58

Thank you - I have spent literally months trying to sort this out.  I follwed your directions step by step and I now have it functioning for the first time on my macbook pro.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion