Discussion topic: SKY GO update not working for Windows 10 on Laptop

This message was authored by NeilPost This message was authored by: NeilPost

Re: SKY GO update not working for Windows 10 on Laptop

Will give it a go, but works fine with McAff on 4 other laptop/PC devices.

In the event something g is blocking it, Aky need to sort out heir error handing as a mostly black screen hung is of no use to anyone: with occasional cannot connect to sky servers blue retry message.

This message was authored by MitchTurford This message was authored by: MitchTurford

Hi - if you have Citrix Workspace installed on your PC and can unistall it, give that a go. 

This message was authored by WTF999999999 This message was authored by: WTF999999999

Hi

I have been using SkyGo on  Windows 10 ent machine (NUC i7 16GB ram) for ages (and on several others).

Today I switched on the watch the test and Sky Go will start then crash my PC after a few swconds  - i.e. power off.  No changes made other than the usual Sky Go update dance.  What is strange is I can RDP to the machine from another system and it is fine!!!!!!

I am an IT guy so did all the obvious - clean out and new download and installation.  I will dig more and try the beta.

I have it running on a different NUC (i7 4 core 32G) and it is fine.

Any suggestions?

This message was authored by WTF999999999 This message was authored by: WTF999999999

I  ran an optimise on my macine and it now lasts a few mins.

I note that task manager reports that Sky Go is using a lot of power - I suspect an overheating problem.  This will explain why the RDP session surives.

The Aussies are sticking it to us so not watching the test is probably a good thing 🙂

I should say that Sky Go is OK.

This message was authored by andy+williams+134 This message was authored by: andy+williams+134

THIS WILL FIX 99% OF THE PEOPLE HAVING THIS PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 10/11 ON A LAPTOP

1. Completely shut don and restart the laptop
2. Right click on the Sky Go icon
3. Go to the bottom of the drpodown menuu to 'properties' and click on it.
4. Look along the tabs that appear for 'Compatibility' and click on it.
5. UNCHECK the little box that says Run this program in compatibility mode for:
6. Click on 'Apply' in the bottom corner.

This message was authored by NeilPost This message was authored by: NeilPost

They need to sort it out, and migrate to a 64bit native Windows 10/11 programme (or Microsoft Store) compatible app.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion