Discussion topic: SKY GO update not working for Windows 10 on Laptop

This message was authored by cupcakehero This message was authored by: cupcakehero

SKY GO update not working for Windows 10 on Laptop

I've not had any trouble with sky go for months but the latest update doesn't work at all. Has anybody else managed to find a solution yet? Already seeked out help through sky's twitter they told me to ring the sky apps tech team. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Go not working on windows 10 unable to connect your application (001)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As more and more people are reporting the 001 error then I would suggest emailing the apps team on this email address about this - apps@sky.uk

Make sure you include as much details you can about your setup like what operating system you are running etc. They might not be able to supply you with a fix but the more people that inform them about this error the better. You might not get a reply until after the bank holiday.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: SKY GO update not working for Windows 10 on Laptop

When you say it isn't working what is actually happening ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cupcakehero
Topic Author
This message was authored by cupcakehero This message was authored by: cupcakehero

@caesarome  It loaded the update yesterday  then went to the sky logo blue screen and then just stays like that. I've read through lots of posts, and have deleated and removed the app and all it's files and tried to re load it. Now when I press the app icon it goes to a black screen then to the sky go logo screen then just stays there.

I've been lucky and not had any problems with sky go for a year or so. I use to all the time and just stopped using it before then . I don't understand why this update has messed things up big time, bit fustrating, as I'm not tech savy at all!!

This message was authored by Crispy72 This message was authored by: Crispy72

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. 
It will stay on the blue screen for ages and then say connecting your application 

we're having problems connecting you.

please try again(001).

come on SKY? These updates are a constant ball ache.

Sky Go not working on windows 10 unable to connect your application (001)

Uninstalled-reinstalled deleted sky folders-Cisco folder- emptied recycling bin.

restarted and reinstalled and still the same error.  22.4.2.0 . Any help from anyone would be appreciated. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Sky Go not working on windows 10 unable to connect your application (001)

As more and more people are reporting the 001 error then I would suggest emailing the apps team on this email address about this - apps@sky.uk

Make sure you include as much details you can about your setup like what operating system you are running etc. They might not be able to supply you with a fix but the more people that inform them about this error the better. You might not get a reply until after the bank holiday.

This message was authored by Observer007 This message was authored by: Observer007

Having exactl.y the same problem with Sky Go 

System is Windows 10 - Microsoft Edge 

What you get is...

Blue open screeen saying 'checking for updates' this clears to blue screen with Sky arrow > stays on this for 2 mins then goes to 'Were having problems connecting you, please try again (001)

Have tried all advertised fixes but no joy at all - seems to be down to the recent 'upgrade; was working perfectly in early March.

This message was authored by timip14 This message was authored by: timip14

same thing -- reinstalled - removed slot in 4 skygo slots -- tried about 10 times both options --- doesn't work at all .

This message was authored by Hugo2206 This message was authored by: Hugo2206

Yep, me too!  So frustrating, have cleared cache, disabled firewall (although worked perfectly fine before) and uninstalled then reinstalled and can not get the app to load.  Just keep getting the 001 error code.  SKY GO - please help!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you Hugo2206. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Still no sky football on the go!!!! Waste of money. Can I cancel my contract if sky can't meet the terms & conditions of the contract? Without any ties?

This message was authored by Observer007 This message was authored by: Observer007

Since my earlier post on this thread I have upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 in a attempt to  get Sky Go to work, I have also rebooted and cleared all dud files & history as well as carrying out all the fixes as suggested by others on this forum - all to no avail.

I cannot open Sky Go no matter what and it seems Sky are not interested in executing a fix to this obvios issue, there must be thousands of subscribers having similar problems with Sky Go.

I have been a Sky customer for over 20 years but given their ever increasing prices, loss of many sport events to BT and others and issues concerning the aforementioned problems with Sky Go I shall no longer be a customer once my current contract ends, enough is enough.

This message was authored by Jim-mckenzie1 This message was authored by: Jim-mckenzie1

Same thing with me,download the file, sky go opens and a message appears "looking for updates" then nothing.

Pretty poor showing Sky

Can nothing be done?

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Hugo2206. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by ted7 This message was authored by: ted7

mine has just come back on tried it all ok after weeks loss good luck

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion