Discussion topic: No BBC on skygo

This message was authored by Johnrk3002 This message was authored by: Johnrk3002

No BBC on skygo

Why can I not get BBC on skygo, I have checked every channel and it is not there.

i cannot believe that I need to go someuelse to get programmes which I would expect to be within my subscription.

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: No BBC on skygo

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Johnrk3002 unfortunately thats a decision made by the BBC, to not allow the broadcast on its channels "on the go" via an app that isn't the BBC IPlayer.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Johnrk3002
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johnrk3002 This message was authored by: Johnrk3002

Thanks Annie

i just don't think it's good to be away and jumping from one app to another to look at the tv guide, I changed from Virgin to sky and this is disappointing 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@Johnrk3002 unfortunately thats a decision made by the BBC, to not allow the broadcast on its channels "on the go" via an app that isn't the BBC IPlayer.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Johnrk3002 wrote:

i cannot believe that I need to go someuelse to get programmes which I would expect to be within my subscription.

It's in the interest of the BBC to drive as much use as possible to iPlayer so that they can justify the significant chunk of Licence Fee income which goes to support it: BBC content playback in Sky Go wouldn't serve that purpose.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Johnrk3002 wrote:

I changed from Virgin to sky and this is disappointing 

Are BBC channels in the Virgin TV Go app?  I don't see any mention of them.

Johnrk3002
Topic Author

Yes, all BBC channels are on the Virgin go app

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you are a Sky Q customer with multiscreen then you can view the channels via the Sky Go app when it is connected to your box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@caesarome wrote:

If you are a Sky Q customer with multiscreen then you can view the channels via the Sky Go app when it is connected to your box.

Does that not go against the name Sky GO, it should be Sky STAY 🙂 😈

Johnrk3002
Topic Author

Can I clarify, sky have told me that BBC is on sky go but not at 101, unfortunately my sky go does not include the numbers they suggest, see their response below

I wish to inform you that if BBC 1 HD is not 101 for you then look from 951 onwards for it and for BBC 2 HD if it isn't on 102 then look at 802 for it.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Johnrk3002 

That only applies if:

You have set the TV Guide to record on Sky box or as I said before the app is connected to your Sky Q box if you want to watch the channels live.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Johnrk3002 wrote:

Yes, all BBC channels are on the Virgin go app

@Johnrk3002 The BBC channels maybe on VirginTVGo whilst you are at home but according this post on   the Virgin forum whilst away from home you cannot watch the BBC channels 

Sky is the same apart from the fact that you need multiscreen to allow Sky Go to connect to your Q box which then allows you to watch the BBC channels whilst at home and whilst away from home you can only record them

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
Johnrk3002
Topic Author

BBC channels are all on Virgin go all of the time, we regularly watch BBC in our Motorhome on sites on an iPad with no problems. 
sky are saying that they are on sky go but not at the normal place, yet they are not on mine, I am new to sky and expected to be able to watch BBC on the app. Obviously this is not the case, I will live with this but appears to me that it is not something that it is most likely a problem with the app.

@Johnrk3002 wrote:

sky are saying that they are on sky go but not at the normal place, yet they are not on mine, 

BBC channels are not found in Go for Q subscribers when away from home, and not at all for Glass & Stream users.

This is a different topic to the 'out of normal place in the EPG' thing, and also different to remote recording for Q users.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion