Discussion topic: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

This message was authored by Standfast8 This message was authored by: Standfast8

Re: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

I spoke with helpful Sky colleague today who confirmed that BBC1/2 HD are no longer available via the Sky app and that they "Sky" did not have permission to include the channels on the app. 

This message was authored by Phil+Kirkby This message was authored by: Phil+Kirkby

Hi perhaps I wasn't clear enough I know you cannot watch bbc Chanel's on sky go but the hd  are still on the record to sky box function but they are in the 800 Chanel's to watch bbc you have to use the I player the sd Chanel's have disappeared 

Phil

swainsy
Topic Author
This message was authored by swainsy This message was authored by: swainsy

That's not true, though; they're on channels 801 and 802. 
Sky just need to move them up to 101 and 102, now that the SD channels are no longer broadcasting. 

This message was authored by Germany02 This message was authored by: Germany02

Re: Why isn’t my Sky Go app showing BBC 1 and 2 in my programme list?

Hi. I have same problem. No BBC channels on Sky Go app. I so need them. How do I do an overnight refresh? Thanks 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Standfast8 wrote:

I spoke with helpful Sky colleague today who confirmed that BBC1/2 HD are no longer available via the Sky app and that they "Sky" did not have permission to include the channels on the app. 

@Standfast8 

The BBC channels can only be watched via the Sky Go app when the app itself is connected to a Sky Q box.

These posts here are actually discussing a different issue whereby the BBC has switched off their SD channels so for some the HD channels to set recordings can be found in the 800 range and not in the usual 101 and 102.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Germany02 This message was authored by: Germany02

How?

desparate of SW14 

@Germany02 

The post above yours...

@HelenFlan wrote:

The bbc channels have moved to 801 - 802 etc.

They haven't actually moved as they have always been there but the BBC has now switched off their SD channels that on the app were at 101 and 102.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Standfast8 This message was authored by: Standfast8

Hi and thanks. My iPad is connected to my Sky Q box and is fully functional on all channels apart from BBC1/2 HD which happen to be at the top of my programme list. I know 801/2 are available but was more to do with the message on Sky Go which said no longer available and a free upgrade was available by calling a number at Sky. The work around is ok just inconvenient for such a slick system overall. 

This message was authored by Mikey411 This message was authored by: Mikey411

Re: BBC Channels no longer listed on Sky Go or Sky TV Guide

Thanks Kev

I am also getting amessage on Sky Go on my iPad that I need to upgrade my Sky Q box.  What's that about please?

Kind regards

Mike

This message was authored by aceofhearts This message was authored by: aceofhearts

I have my iPhone and BBC via Sky is ok.
On the same table I have my iPad and BBC via Sky is not available. Any ideas?

This message was authored by Phil+Kirkby This message was authored by: Phil+Kirkby

Hi again bbc is not available to watch on sky go as I have said before but on the record to sky box feature they are still there in HD but the Chanel nos are in the 800 numbers

phil

@Phil+Kirkby wrote:

Hi again bbc is not available to watch on sky go

That is correct they are not as they can only be viewed when the app is connected to a Sky Q box. The BBC does not allow their channels to be watched directly via Sky Go.

This message was authored by DaveP1963 This message was authored by: DaveP1963

It's now 14th January and the issue's STILL not resolved? I smell a subscription cancellation..... 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@DaveP1963 wrote:

It's now 14th January and the issue's STILL not resolved? I smell a subscription cancellation..... 

Sky will be quaking in their boots 😞 🙄

As stated above, the channels are still there but could be at 801 or 951 onwards. For example I see BBC 2 HD at 802, BBC 3 HD at 845 and BBC 4 HD at 815.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion