Discussion topic: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

This message was authored by Trevorkg This message was authored by: Trevorkg

Re: All BBC channels no longer listed in Sky Go

Got a response from the App team to delete and reload the Sky go App. Did that and now I've got no ITV and BBC!

Not a good start to the NewYear.

This message was authored by Jonathan_S This message was authored by: Jonathan_S

The Sky Go app on my phone doesn't even shown the BBC channel names (unlike the reporter of this issue), despite having a Sky+HD box linked to the app. It means that I can no longer remotely set up any recordings on BBC Channels. The Sky TV Guide website, however, states "... programmes no longer available". I have already highlighted website issue.

Sky, can you please sort this out? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonathan_S wrote:

Sky, can you please sort this out? 

As you can see from the post from Sky marked as the answer from yesterday they are both aware of this issue and are looking into it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Surinder2 This message was authored by: Surinder2

How comes not all the channels come on my sky go app but does on my sky Q box?

This message was authored by GillWales This message was authored by: GillWales

Same here and itv channels now missing too. Have just deleted and re installed the app but it's made no difference.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: How comes not all the channels come on my sky go app but does on my sky Q box?

@Surinder2 wrote:

@Surinder2 because some broadcasters would rather you used their own apps such as the BBC(they would want you to use IPlayer) hence the reason when you are using Sky Go the BBC channels don't show up unless you have multiroom or are trying to record then

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Angela+fj This message was authored by: Angela+fj

TV guide on computer

On the TV guide on my computer - all the BBC channels have 'programmes no longer available'. If I click on the message, I get 'You will need to upgrade your box to view this channel in HD'. I have Sky Q

I have access to the channels on the box/TV and the guide works on the TV, it is just on the computer but |I often want to see what is on before turning the TV on.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: TV guide on computer

@Angela+fj wrote:

On the TV guide on my computer - all the BBC channels have 'programmes no longer available'. If I click on the message, I get 'You will need to upgrade your box to view this channel in HD'. I have Sky Q

I have access to the channels on the box/TV and the guide works on the TV, it is just on the computer but |I often want to see what is on before turning the TV on.

@Angela+fj I have moved your post to a larger thread all about this problem. Sky are aware of it and investigating it 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Kayare This message was authored by: Kayare

I read that the BBC have stopped broadcasting in SD and only broad cast in HD. I am getting the same message for ITV 3 and 4. The listings are available in the higher numbered HD chanels (eg 802 for BBC2).

The solution apoears straight forward. Sky need to renumber theseHD chanels to the numbers previously used by the equivalent SD chanels, they will then appear  higher up the list in the places we are used to seeing them

This message was authored by Trevorkg This message was authored by: Trevorkg

In Wales the BBC has been  HD for a few years and my Sky Go worked fine with the tv guide showing BBC HD channels but since beginning of the year that all changed. Why?

This message was authored by HelenFlan This message was authored by: HelenFlan

Re: Why isn’t my Sky Go app showing BBC 1 and 2 in my programme list?

The bbc channels have moved to 801 - 802 etc. they are there but you have to scroll to find them. Click to record to sky box and whizz to the 800's. This is fine if you already have HD and Sky Q box. If not then you need to upgrade your box. Hope this helps 🙂

This message was authored by Jonathan_S This message was authored by: Jonathan_S

@Kayare 

Until they move the BBC One and BBC Two channels from 801 and 802 to 101 and 102, remotely setting up a recording via the app will fail as channels 801 and 802 no longer exist. Some programmes shown on BBC One and BBC Two, if not recorded when broadcast do not become available on iPlayer for 24 hours or more.

This message was authored by Phil+Kirkby This message was authored by: Phil+Kirkby

Hi the bbc channels had are still on sky go but the channel numbers are in the 800's I have complained to sky before about the channel numbering and why it does not match the sky q box with no effect, to me it's just common sense.

phil

swainsy
Topic Author
This message was authored by swainsy This message was authored by: swainsy

@Jonathan_S that's not actually true; as long as you have 'Record to Sky Box' selected then you'll see all BBC channels in the 800 range. What they should do, now that they're no longer broadcasting as SD channels, is to push BBC ONE and TWO to 101 and 102 respectively, as they are on the TV EPG. 

This message was authored by Kayare This message was authored by: Kayare

There is still a big hole in the I pad TV Guide and all  Sky can say is that they are looking into it! Sounds more like the local council than a global telecoms company! Come on Sky  time to extract the digit.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion