Discussion topic: Technical issue

This message was authored by JohnnyT99 This message was authored by: JohnnyT99

Technical issue

My sky glass just shows the message "Sorry, because of a technical issue, you're currently experiencing a limited service. Please be assured that we're working hard to fix the problem." And I'm 99% certain it's because it's stuck on the free EE WiFi. I can't access anything to change me WiFi settings etc. I've powered it off and on at the mains but nothing changes.

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Technical issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @JohnnyT99 

It should still allow you to get to the menu. What happens when you press the home button on your remote? You may need to dismiss the technical message by pressing the back button and then the home button. If you can get into the network settings, you will need to reset them so you can join the correct WiFi network:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-no-wifi-connection-osm

If it's locking up, is there any possibility of you connecting it via ethernet, as a temporary measure to see if the resumes normal operation and then allow you to reset the network.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
JohnnyT99
Topic Author
This message was authored by JohnnyT99 This message was authored by: JohnnyT99

Nothing happens when I press either of those buttons it just kind of refreshes but nothing changes. I was thinking of trying an Ethernet also so I will give that a go!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JohnnyT99 wrote:

Nothing happens when I press either of those buttons it just kind of refreshes but nothing changes. I was thinking of trying an Ethernet also so I will give that a go!

When trying by ethernet cable, ensure you disable the Wifi in the settings, otherwise you may notice it switches between ethernet and Wifi.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion