Discussion topic: Screen freezing, sometimes won’t turn on

This message was authored by Lee+Hayward This message was authored by: Lee+Hayward

Screen freezing, sometimes won’t turn on

Sometimes screen will freeze, tv doesn't switch on sometimes have to reset via mains socket 

happening more frequently 

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Screen freezing, sometimes won’t turn on

Phone Sky and request a replacement Sky Glass TV.... log the issue sooner rather than later.... did you receive a reconditioned Sky Glass TV?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by JJ37M This message was authored by: JJ37M

I am having the same issue. Tried calling and got hung up on. I also chose a reconditioned one 🙄

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JJ37M wrote:

I am having the same issue. Tried calling and got hung up on. I also chose a reconditioned one 🙄

@JJ37M how do you have it connected to the internet via Wifi or ethernet? Its worth trying the other option to see if it improves things. When using ethernet ensure the Wifi is disabled in the Glass TV Settings.

I'd also suggest ensuring tht networked standby mode is set to ON in the settings and overnight powersaving mode is set to OFF as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion