Discussion topic: Technical fault issue

This message was authored by Phill+cooper This message was authored by: Phill+cooper

Technical fault issue

My sky stream gets the message ( there is a technical fault with this channel) min 15 times a day no matter which channel im on or which puck im watching. Its now unbareable

All Replies

This message was authored by Dronedad This message was authored by: Dronedad

Sorry, because of a technical issue, you're currently experiencing a limited service.

"Sorry, because of a technical issue, you're currently experiencing a limited service. Please be assured that we're working hard to fix the problem"

we're constantly getting this error on our sky stream and now it's happened during love island  

I've done all the recommended steps rebooting both Wi-Fi and the sky device and yet it still happens.

I did read a few weeks ago there seems to be a issue between virgin internet and Sky stream so when it stoped working I used a tether from my phones internet and it worked instantly again.

b041c9c2-b0d0-460f-b1e3-6ce741eea3ec.jpeg

apparently this has been going on for months now sadly I can't find the post

This message was authored by LauraB96 This message was authored by: LauraB96

Re: Sky Glass keeps returning to home screen.

Did you get this solved as mine is doing it too on all the apps 

This message was authored by Gayleo2 This message was authored by: Gayleo2

Technical fault AGAIN

Technical fault AGAIN !!!! Sky please sort this out , no channels again 

This message was authored by Kezzalar This message was authored by: Kezzalar

Re: Technical fault AGAIN

Had the same since Sunday on and off! Have to go off the channel and then back on it to clear the technical fault.

This message was authored by Gayleo2 This message was authored by: Gayleo2

Re: Technical fault issue

Really disappointed as it always happens in the middle of something... I have tried to contact Sky to cancel as am far worse off than I was .. I was so excited to get this and now regretting it !

Phill+cooper
Topic Author
This message was authored by Phill+cooper This message was authored by: Phill+cooper

I also keep getting the message you are not subscribed to this channel although i am so can't watch certain programmes Q was unreliable but nowhere near this bad

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Seems there is yet another new bug following the latest firmware release. There are several threads on this subject but as far as I've seen nobody from Sky has commented on why this is happening and the planned fix.

This message was authored by Basha This message was authored by: Basha

Re: Sky Stream - there is a technical fault with this channel

I'm getting the same issue, did you manage to find a solution ?

This message was authored by FFU01 This message was authored by: FFU01

Re: Sky Stream - there is a technical fault with this channel

I'm afraid not @Basha . I'll see tonight when I get home if anything has changed

This message was authored by Snuffs This message was authored by: Snuffs

I got sky glass, loved the tv, hated the technical faults...... I was forever unplugging the thing and rebooting it. I had it 3 days and sent it back.

Real shame, but an awful lot of expense for an item that has so many issues.  Bought myself a large tv for a fraction of the price, still gets all the issues with  " waiting for tv schedule..... ", but at least I have saved myself a fortune.

Once I find something better than Sky, Im off....... after 30 years

This message was authored by ROBNHOMEUK This message was authored by: ROBNHOMEUK

Hi,

I recently started to experience the same fault across multiple channels.

I think I have fixed it by doing this:

1. Going to settings and doing a factory reset (this will delete some apps if you have installed them since your initial set up)
  2. Connected the wifi to my 2.4GHz wifi (it was originally connected to the 5GHz wifi). The 2.4GHz & 5GHz signal strength in my house is the same (so I have no idea why that would fix it but it appears to have) and comes from a wifi extender – ie: the sky puck isn’t connected direct to my main router.
  3. During set up, you’ll need to re-apply any specific settings such as: UHD video output, Dolby Digital via HDMI or Optical, set the sky remote to control your tv and external sound system/speaker (if you have one).

Running Sky streaming on 2.4GHz will be fine for HD content and should be ok for UHD. The app services may operate a little slower in terms of boot up speed and menu/search navigation, but the picture quality should be fine. This is dependent on the wifi signal strength. Obviously if the Sky Puck is connected via ethernet then that shouldn’t be a potential issue.

I hope that helps.

Rob.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ROBNHOMEUK  Under no circunmstances shoul a customer be doing a full reset of their TV & Ouck as this may lead to the account becomin g corrupted, this should only ever be done under guidance fromSky's Glass Support team.

SU's were advised of this sime time ago in the closed forum by Sky.  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by ROBNHOMEUK This message was authored by: ROBNHOMEUK

Thank you for the info. If that's the advice from Sky then service users – please follow Sky’s advice in this case, thank you for pointing that out.

I'd just like to add, I've had Sky TV products for about 20+ years and always done resets and never had any issues with a reset.

But, I am a senior post production supervisor in the tv and film industry and I’ve been around professional and operationally “tricky” kit since 1997, I’m also a qualified broadcast and network engineer so perhaps I have more aptitude with these issues 😉

I'd be interested to know how a hardware/software reset, which in this case, the hardware is programmed to self-reset and install (ie: it walks the user through the process) could corrupt an account. What specifically did Sky mention to suggest it would corrupt an account?

Many thanks.

R

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ROBNHOMEUK  Sky haven't explained why, just a factory reset on Glass & Stream products should only be done when asked to do so by Technical support. 

In the past customers have done these and accounts have become corrupted in some way forcing the user to then call Sky.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion