Discussion topic: TNT sport PPV

This message was authored by dembo1 This message was authored by: dembo1

TNT sport PPV

I ordered the Crawford fight on Saturday night and got up to watch it on Sunday morning but was not available. I spoke with SKY who confirmed it was not available yet as TNT had not loaded it up to SkY Glass. Eventually it was available on Tuesday which is a waste of time as I know the result. Anyone else had this issue. 

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: TNT sport PPV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dembo1  With any streaming service your at the mercy of when broadcasters make the content available on demand including sporting ppv as there is no standard framework for when this has to happen 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
dembo1
Topic Author
This message was authored by dembo1 This message was authored by: dembo1

@SKY1992bf 

Hi. I understand that but with SKY Q it was saved to recordings automatically. SKY should not offer the event to SKY glass customers unles they get a commitment from TNT to have it available straight away. Who wants to watch something two days after it has happened. When I spoke with SKY they said they are aware and working to resolve it. Yet there is posts in this forum dating back to September 2022 with customers complaining about it. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@dembo1 wrote:

Yet there is posts in this forum dating back to September 2022 with customers complaining about it. 

Rather longer than that: there's been an intermittent issue with timeshifting live sport since the launch of Glass in October 2021.

Realistically, streaming from a server is almost certainly never going to be as reliable as playback of data which is already stored on a local hard drive after being captured from a satellite broadcast.

In this case, TNT being a brand new service (albeit with a legacy inherited from BT Sport) probably didn't help.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Re: TNT sports/Sky Glass

I would guess that this is more of an issue with Sky rather than TNT 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by kennethmcgoff This message was authored by: kennethmcgoff

For sure.  If I was Tnt though I would not be happy , I'm surprised they not pushing sky to sort.  Champions league is starting and they would have paid a fortune for the rights , every subscription counts !

This message was authored by Scottyboy999 This message was authored by: Scottyboy999

TNT sports box office

I can see you can buy tonight's fight on tnt sports box office on sky stream, but at the moment there is no tnt sports box office channel..is this a glitch by sky? I thought tnt sports box office was only on sky Q? 

This message was authored by CD3 This message was authored by: CD3

Anyone get this sorted? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: TNT sports box office

@Scottyboy999 

Sky says:

You can only purchase the event using your Sky remote by selecting the event from the menu.

Note: WWE events are not available on Sky Glass or Sky Stream. For other ways to watch, check the details below.

Playlist

Box Office events can't be added to your Playlist on Sky Glass or Sky Stream at the moment. The event will be available to watch again for 10 days after it's been broadcast. It'll be saved in the Boxing category in the Sports menu. After the 10 days, it'll be deleted.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-box-office-tnt-sports 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Scottyboy999 This message was authored by: Scottyboy999

Re: TNT sports box office

Excellent. Thank you 

This message was authored by Ryan1302 This message was authored by: Ryan1302

It's working now 

This message was authored by greycobba This message was authored by: greycobba

I had the same issue with the UFC on TNT, cancelled TNT straight away. You can't record on Sky Glass. Big mistake getting Sky Glass.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion