Discussion topic: Sky glass remote control with app buttons?

This message was authored by leec32 This message was authored by: leec32

Re: Sky glass remote control with app buttons?

Received today, thanks for the quick response and delivery 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@leec32  Wow, that was quick.  Glad your all sorted 👍

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by leec32 This message was authored by: leec32

It certainly was, sent with dpd, thanks for your help also 

This message was authored by Luke-Cal This message was authored by: Luke-Cal

I had one of these posted this morning after canceling my Glass package back in January. 
Was so confused at first, never heard of a company sending a freebie for cancelling a subscription. Very odd but guess i appricate it. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Luke-Cal Yes, it's always nice to receive a surprise package.  The alternative remotes are usually sent out about 8 weeks after cancellation of your Glass contract. Without a Sky package the Glass TV is not very functional so the alternative remote makes it a little more usable (apparently).

This message was authored by Jan2 This message was authored by: Jan2

Hi folks as my contract for Sky finished beginning of February and i have a sky glass tv. Just hope i get a remote soon, at moment i have a borrowed television. So will let you know if i receive my remote. Thanks to everyone that replied to my last post 

@Jan2 Your old remote will still work on your Glass TV but the audio button and add to playlist buttons have no function.  On the replacement remote these buttons are replaced by a shortcut to Netflix and YouTube.

Remote delivery times are 8 weeks (31 days’ cancellation notice period + 4 weeks after cancellation date). If you have not received the remote within that time frame, give Sky a call.

When I cancelled my Glass it was to change to a Steam puck so I sold it.  I never received the alternative remote but I didn't chased it up as I no longer had the Glass TV.

So I'm thinking the new remote would  let me watch BBC STV ect so is this not the case. ?  And if not then the remote is of no use to me . Thanks for swift reply 

@Jan2  I'm not really sure as I never used my Glass after I received the puck.  My understanding is that without a Sky subscription Glass will just function as "dumb" TV.

Maybe @Luke-Cal can answer you having just received the remote.  You may also find some further information at the following link.

The only difference in functionality is that the Youtube and Netflix replaces the + and Voice buttons as these don't work without a subscription. 

They are shortcuts to those apps, nothing else, no extra functionality. 

@Jan2 

Thanks well need to save for another

tv thanks so much for clearing it up 

@Jan2 just wondering why you would need to save for another TV? The Sky glass will function just as any other 'smart TV' on the market with a terrestrial aerial connected.

You can watch the 'freeview' channels and use apps as long as it is connected to a TV Arial / WiFi.

You just can't stream those channels over the internet without the subscription. 

Ok thank you will find out about an aerial , that should be cheaper thanks 

This message was authored by ChufferD This message was authored by: ChufferD

Can anybody help me get one of these remote controls as featured in the image on this thread please. I have cancelled my subscription to Sky glass streaming as I got a far better deal with EE TV - when I spoke to Sky employees on the telephone I was met with the answer that Sky knew of no such remote control and if I wanted a new control then I had to purchase a replacement via Amazon. Positive comments, advice and help would be much appreciated

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion