Discussion topic: Sky glass remote battery's

This message was authored by Jojodeka83 This message was authored by: Jojodeka83

Sky glass remote battery's

Sky glass remote need battery's replaced every week its costly

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Sky glass remote battery's

Posted by a Sky employee

Do you just have Glass or do you have a Puck too? and if you do have a Puck also then are both remotes doing the same?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jojodeka83 This is a problem that I also have but my batteries last for about 3 weeks. I purchased a load of Amazon Basic batteries so it didn't cost much.

Others have suggested that the "low battery" warning is not accurate so just keep using the remote until the batteries actually go flat.  In my case it only gave me another 2 days.

I would suggest you phone Sky and ask for a replacement. I will also be phoning them, I just haven't got around to it yet.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Scottie16 This message was authored by: Scottie16

Having read previous posts there were a bad batch of remotes.

my batteries lasted just over a year on my most heavily used.

You should contact sky direct, having read previous posts they've sent replacement  remotes

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Our Glass television remote has been in use since November 2021 with the original batteries. Running through a set a week is clearly some kind of defect.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@TimmyBGood 

Can't wait for the day they invent motion charging remotes ...........

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I had my Glass TV back in September true it isn't used a huge amount but I've never changed the batteries. As for the stream over the same period I've changed once and I don't think that was truly necessary as it was the period of a bug showing a message on screen to change them. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion