Discussion topic: Sky TV, Sound cutting out and picture freezing

This message was authored by Emiljabo This message was authored by: Emiljabo

Sky TV, Sound cutting out and picture freezing

Hi all,

We have had our 65inch Sky Glass for around 3 weeks and the sound keeps cutting out every few seconds and the picture freezes.

We are getting consistent 40mbps wifi speeds at the TVs precise location, which is faster than the Sky recommended 10Mbps for HD/30Mbps for UHD.

IMG_2560.jpg

Also, if we are using another device on the same wifi network the issue becomes unbearable.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue, know of a fix and or if the TV might have a techincal issue?

We shouldn't be experiencing this issue with our current set-up. We locked ourselves into another years broadband contract to upgrade the speed to be able to meet the Sky recommendation and we cannot get a faster package with the our current broadband supplier.

Any advice would be appreciated. 🙂

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky TV, Sound cutting out and picture freezing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Emiljabo  What's the speed to your router as that's the key reading , not what's going to the device 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
Emiljabo
Topic Author

@SKY1992bf, please excuse my ignrorance, but if a device connected to a particular wifi network, is drawing 40+mbps.

Then surely the router that is distributing said wifi network is, at the very least, drawing 40mbps from the broadband service it is hardwired to.

With my 40mbps being at least 10mbps stronger than the speed recommended by Sky to adequately present a UHD program to my Sky Glass, I am having trouble understanding why the router speed in this particular instance is considered a possible culprit? 🙂

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The only accurate way to get the download speed that the Glass is receiving is by opening the Netflix app, going to get help and then Check your network and running the diagnostic check which will show the download speed the Glass is getting.

Note the stability of the Wifi network is also important for the sky streaming platform, 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Emiljabo
Topic Author

@MarkGoldsmith, that is a very good tip!

Currently, 42.63mbps (with one other device in the house watching YouTube). 🙂

2CCFD9CA-BDE3-4E58-AF99-2E601240AF7D.jpeg

Emiljabo
Topic Author

Picture and sound still stuttering with the wifi connection shown below directly to the Sky Glass with no other devices drawing off of the network. Router in same room as the wall mounted Sky Glass with direct sight of the router.

0F07EDBC-08F3-45F7-8F82-36D734CC344A.jpeg

That is not acceptable. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion