Discussion topic: Sky Glass

This message was authored by Sparkysteve1 This message was authored by: Sparkysteve1

Sky Glass

On Sky Glass i cant see when another tv programme on a  different channel is about to start like i could on Sky Q

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sparkysteve1 

'Reminders' aren't a feature on Sky Q: the last system to have those was Sky+ HD which ceased manufacturing in 2015.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Sparky1271 This message was authored by: Sparky1271

Hi what I meant was if you were watching Pointless on BBC1 and wanted to watch part 2 of The Chase on ITV, you could on Sky Q see the live programme of ITV in a mini tv at the bottom of your screen so you could turn over without missing any of the The Chase

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Sparky1271 

That's because Q has broadcast signal for every possible channel landing on its dish, and multiple tuners for simultaneous recording  and display. Glass/Stream is fundamentally different and only the IP data for the currently displayed channel is being delivered to it.

This message was authored by Sparky1271 This message was authored by: Sparky1271

So is there anything like it because it means you have continuously go back into tv programme listing & possibly miss the start of that programme or next part of the show, which I personally think is not really good considering it's supposed to be far superior. So really it's just like going back 10-15 years & doing it the old fashioned way. Not really impressed with it 

@Sparky1271 wrote:

considering it's supposed to be far superior

It's different, because the era of satellite television is drawing to a close.  Whether it's 'superior' is at least in part a matter of personal preference: your particular viewing technique may not be one which can be accommodated given the data delivery mechanism fundamentally cannot be the same as in Q.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Sparky1271 wrote:

So is there anything like it because it means you have continuously go back into tv programme listing & possibly miss the start of that programme or next part of the show, which I personally think is not really good considering it's supposed to be far superior. So really it's just like going back 10-15 years & doing it the old fashioned way. Not really impressed with it 

Most channels have the watch from start feature available so you should never miss the start of a show, as you can start it at any time during the broadcast.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion