Discussion topic: Sky Glass issue with TV

This message was authored by markfrank This message was authored by: markfrank

Sky Glass issue with TV

Any kne having problems with there sky glass. We are getting the following issues 1. Watching sky sports channels shutting down with message programme not ready or technical fault. Same on bbc, its and sky channels 2. Blank blue screen 3. On disney prime and netflix programmes not loading and continuously rebooting 4. Also regularly showing no wifi connection. I have rebooted router and sky glass and still having issues. Have refreshed apps. Unsure if sky glass has developed a fault or a problem with sky broadband.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Glass issue with TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@markfrank  Have you tried connecting to your hub by ethernet cable?  What speeds are you getting to the TV itself (open the netflix app and look for the speed test)

What you describe is normally down to poor speeds either with your broadband service or over wifif.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

markfrank
Topic Author

No Etherley cable. Speed check 29.53mbps

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@markfrank wrote:

No Etherley cable. Speed check 29.53mbps

Make sure WiFi is turned off in the network settings. Sky Glass can stupidly turn it back on and prioritise WiFi instead of Ethernet, even when an Ethernet cable is attached.

29.53Mbps is borderline for allowing Glass to function reliably. Any other device using your broadband at the same time will suck up some of that bandwidth and cause issues. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

What's your router sync speed to the internet?

That will be higher than the WiFi connection speed to the Glass TV😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by ehurn22 This message was authored by: ehurn22

Hello, we are currently experiencing exactly the same issues as you are describing below.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ehurn22 wrote:

Hello, we are currently experiencing exactly the same issues as you are describing below.

So have you tried the suggestions in the previous posts?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

markfrank
Topic Author

I ran a check on the Mysky app of the tv and broadband and it detected an issue with our broadband. So I followed the info recorded  as a fault and it suggested a reset to the router which i followed. So far so good appears to have rectified the issue

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

I would  suggest  you need at least  60mps  of broadband, I had that when I first  got sky glass tv and had no problems, I am know on full fibre broadband 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion