Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nix37 wrote:

I have stream and followed the steps BUT the activation page is working probably due to amount of people trying it! 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Bodston This message was authored by: Bodston

@Zoltron 

I've got to the bluescreen and the puck has downloaded the software update several times. It seems to freeze after that point.

@BobW2 wrote:

Have been following the sky  instructions exactky for  over 24 hours  Puck does not reset and turn on no matter how many time I  disconnect power, reconnect and hold the rest button till the white then coloured lights start  flashing.  Afer 15+ minutes Puck will not  turn on. What is the problem?

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

Follow the procedure exactly that mentions Sky Stream as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by B_har This message was authored by: B_har

I can’t activate my sky glass services through the sky.com/activate link

My sky glass tv is showing a message telling me to link my account through the sky.com/activate this is not working? 

This message was authored by Patchnet This message was authored by: Patchnet

Stream/Puck not working - PIN reset also not working

So if I am right this is the section of the SKY website where Sky get its paying customers to do their dirty work and sort out their own issues?  Wow!!  What a business model!!! 

My stream/puck stopped working (the phone number confirms they are dealing with the issue but no timeline offered). They tell me to go to the website to "reset" the puck.  I do that and the it get's caught up on the PIN reset which I have to do again and again. So the website sends me to the phone number and the phone sends me back to the website (and also hangs up on me)!! It offers no real help (unless you want to enquire about your bill!!) and so I am stuck with no TV and no idea who to speak to, to resolve this.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Would relly appreciate it?

@Brian300 wrote:
How long it going to be when it back on

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It will not come back on unless you do this.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by Rty This message was authored by: Rty

Thank you that guy is beyond annoying 

@Bodston wrote:

@Zoltron 

I've got to the bluescreen and the puck has downloaded the software update several times. It seems to freeze after that point.

Try this,

Turn off your Sky Stream puck at the mains

Whilst it is off, reboot your broadband router.

Also if you have an ethernet cable attached to your Sky Stream puck unplug it and plug it back in again.

Once your broadband router is back on and working.

Follow this procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by 2320-Jovels This message was authored by: 2320-Jovels

Re: Sky go 403

My Tv is not working I switched it on and off it flash Sky tnen dies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Where is your evidence that it is working in the majority of cases?  According to Sky, it is not working for somewhere between 7k and 10k customers, which is not a small number.  In fact, if those are Irish customers, I would not be surprised if that was a majority of Sky Glass customers in Ireland

This message was authored by Dean1288 This message was authored by: Dean1288

Re: Service down still

Same problem very annoying and Sky Customer Services not answering been on hold for an hour now 

This message was authored by Stacy8 This message was authored by: Stacy8

image.jpg

It will not accept my 4 digit pin. I have reset my pin and it still is coming up as incorrect. This is now 24 hours of waiting. I'm currently on hold to sky. I have 2 pucks in the house. One is fine. The other will only make it to this page. 

This message was authored by DonHope This message was authored by: DonHope

Hi. We were down for 24 hours. Got it back Friday afternoon. Not sure if some people might not realize when you switch plug off, hold down standby button on side as you switch back on you have to wait 10 or more seconds for the red standby light (that's already on n flashing slowly) to start flashing really quickly. Only release the standby button when flashing quickly. 

Goes through update then had to enter all set up details again. Had to change password n pin as elderly parents forgotten it all. Instructions on tv and sky website to change pin if won't accept it. Just need last 4 numbers of account no. paid with. 

Hope some help to someone. 

This message was authored by Nix37 This message was authored by: Nix37

Sadly not, still getting the oops there has been a problem notification.

This message was authored by Stacy8 This message was authored by: Stacy8

Re: Stream/Puck not working - PIN reset also not working

I have exactly the same problem. Round and round and I know people are trying to help but following the instructions hasn't helped me either and gets stuck on the pin page. I'm currently on hold (30 minutes and counting) I will post update once I have spoken to them

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion