Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Debbie4259 This message was authored by: Debbie4259

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Im up and running pressed off button on right hand side of tv for several seconds then red light flashed a few times then sky logo then it came on screen updating then I had to re active on line with code and then plug in PIN number xx good luck everyone xx

This message was authored by Wibbo This message was authored by: Wibbo

Re: Sky stream won’t turn on - flashing white light then nada.

Having same issue tonight with puck in bedroom. Brings up Sky logo, flashes for 30 seconds then shuts back off.

This message was authored by Stephen+Mourton This message was authored by: Stephen+Mourton

Re: Sky puck still won't turn on

@Skys_the_limit   Dfat32 has a similar problem has just had it answered successfully. It is the thread close you yours.  I hope that helps.

This message was authored by Wibbo This message was authored by: Wibbo

Re: Sky puck still won't turn on

Two of my pucks started doing this around midnight and the ten minute unplug trick isn't doing anything. 

Frustrating.

This message was authored by Paulasym This message was authored by: Paulasym

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

• I'm having same issues .
  • Just back from work was looking forward to a nice movie .hope its sorted out soon sob 😭 
  •  
This message was authored by AC-68 This message was authored by: AC-68

Re: Glass tv wouldn’t turn on so reset, now updating software over and over

Mines been the same since tea time. I've been watching tv on my Ipad

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James101022 wrote:

Sky glass just has pulsing red light, tried unplugging, pressing buttons on side of tv and on the remote. Looked on my sky and apparently lots of people are having this problem right now. How do I look for updates on the matter/ get answers on how the problem is sorted ? 

You will need to check the status page as we are all customers here.

Have you tried the steps in post 2 to see if this works?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by AC-68 This message was authored by: AC-68

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I rebooted mine but keeps asking me to link my account. I've done it x3 and still nothing. Going to sort it tomorrow now as sick of it.

i have virgin media for my broadband and their connection is just fine.it must be something with Sky Glass TV 

This message was authored by MegCon This message was authored by: MegCon

Same issue here, turned on logo pops up then goes away then comes back then goes away, tried the hard reset by turning off by plug and holding power button till light goes multi coloured, still nothing. just repeats the same cycle before i tried resetting. 

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MegCon  I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the latest outage, the thread you originally posted on is unrelated to today's issue.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Lainepops This message was authored by: Lainepops

My sky stream keep saying no video and keeps restarting itself over and over then just keeps sayi

My sky stream keep saying no video and keeps restarting itself over and over again repeatedly then just keeps saying no video available Its been doing this for over 4 hours now and I can seem to get it to start up and stay on atall, it's not the hdmi because the sky icon flashes up for 2-3 seconds then the light goes off the sky stream box and it restarts the process all over again please help 

This message was authored by Craig117 This message was authored by: Craig117

I havnt had a working stream since 4pm and still no luck. Have switched off and rebooted.

Havnt had a working stream since 4pm.red light flashing in main room TV and multi room puck flashes for awhile then goes off. Anyone experiencing this still and why it's taking so long to fix.
This message was authored by twe69 This message was authored by: twe69

Mines gotten further now, but it's stuck on the PIN. I update the PIN says it's successful. Then enter it when required and just keeps saying wrong PIN! 

Any idea where I can find my original PIN number as I don't have the box or anything now!

This message was authored by Kay26 This message was authored by: Kay26

Re: I havnt had a working stream since 4pm and still no luck. Have switched off and rebooted.

@@Hi, we have had no sky streaming via sky glass since 8.25pm. The red light was pulsing, I have unplugged it on several occasions and now the light has gone out and still not able to turn the TV on. Wonder if there will be a refund??

This message was authored by ZB007 This message was authored by: ZB007

Most likely causes I would think are:

A critical hardware failure inside Sky's network infrastructure. 

A data centre outage. 

The third party responsible for deploying streams with DRM has experienced an outage.  

Someone has accidentally dug up and cut through some multicore fibre optics.    

A coordinated effort DDOS attack on the front end services used inside Sky's Network.  

A coordinated effort DDOS attack on the back end services used for content delivery and DRM. 

Whatever it is, Sky either does not have a service failover plan or they do and they've just discovered it doesn't work.

I would not want to be network engineer at Sky this evening. 

I seem to recall that Sky outsources the content delivery to a third party.  

My puck is continuously power cycling so whatever service normally advertising stream availability isn't working.  Which just goes to show how dumb those boxes are.  It's a bit like a terminal client used RDP or Citrix, if it can't pick up a service advertisement it's a dead stick. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion