Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matt19891 wrote:

It's nice to know there are some kind people out that are trying to help other people get there sky back on so I would like to thank everyone who has help me. 

Thank you, most appreciated

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by Maggie25 This message was authored by: Maggie25

Hi we are still experiencing the same issues with our sky glass tv have tried recovery process so many times without success been on the phone to sky on 3 occasions on hold for hours just to be told keep trying it will kick in eventually is there anyone else still struggling sky are saying g issue resolved

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@KevNewMedia wrote:

@Mister_Dalek wrote:

@KevNewMedia wrote:

Hi Everyone

We can confirm the issues experienced by some customers on Sky Glass and Stream were not the result of a cyber attack.

Our engineers have resolved the issue, but if you are still experiencing problems, please visit www.sky.com/glasstv where you can follow the process to restore your service.  We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Are you allowed to tell us what it actually was? 

I can't go into the detail of the technical problem I'm afraid @Mister_Dalek 

Ah, fair enough. Being a total tech nerd, I'm just curious as to what exactly happened. 

I don't blame Sky for wanting to keep their cards close to their chest... a tech fail of this magnitude is not something to shout about... 

This message was authored by Dielectric This message was authored by: Dielectric

I'm now back up and running! You will have to ask them to remove your email address so you can re add it and sign in with a new login it's took 3 hours on the phone today with a very helpful agent she got me sorted eventually 

This message was authored by MWmarketing This message was authored by: MWmarketing

There is still an issue with getting the Oops there has been a problem when you try and link your account.  No resolution posted for that and no way of getting in touch.  Been down since Friday

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Yes me but I'm on sky stream few days with no sky stream still after doing a hard reset and login details to the account still nothing it seems 

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Yes I've still add that happen been trying to get logged in still no joy 😕 ring sky on this number to tell them the issue 

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

From some of the posts on here it seems that some of the sky operators are being lazy in trying to resolve issues.  There seems to be a number of issues email addresses, postcode issues,address issues which can be resolved by operators, they will have been briefed on these. They should have stayed on the phone till you are up and running not ending the call and telling customers to keep on trying it.  I would be emailing sky to complain. The calls are all recorded and there is an audit trail online of any actions undertaken by the operator.

This message was authored by PeterR1 This message was authored by: PeterR1

Same here, just getting the "Ooops" message when trying to activate.

Been trying since last Thursday. 

@PeterR1 same here oopps  same here still getting that same message still 

This message was authored by Matt19891 This message was authored by: Matt19891

Re: sky glass not working

@Joanne2011 try this we did it yesterday an it work then it went back to oop no network then we did it again an it all working thine now 

1000011281.jpg

I've switched my puck off at the moment still getting the login details on screen can't do nothing tried ringing sky tried a factory reset still didn't work tried another hard reset with flashing lights on puck still no joy tried everything and switched it off for time being 

This message was authored by docer64 This message was authored by: docer64

@KevNewMedia is there any news on us that are having issues with the linking of account?

I am able to input the code displayed on sky glass, into a web browser but this does not action the tv to proceed.

Thanks

@docer64  yes same here bud 👍 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

On the start up and stand by settings, am I right that network standby should be on and overnight power saving off? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion