Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Shonagh1982 This message was authored by: Shonagh1982

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

When I spoke to someone on Tuesday they send we a link for a company called ServiceTech who apparently deal with sky glass tv's but I've spoken with other sky advisors who have never heard of it so mixed messages. I won't be paying out my own pocket for a engineer to come look at my tv that's a week now with no tv I'm stuck on a black screen I can hear it loading up but have no picture. 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-tv-repairs

this is the link he sent 

This message was authored by Tringer This message was authored by: Tringer

Ours went down on the 25th still off spoke to sky last night,  they said it should be working. They are sending out a new powder lead and if that doesn't work then it's a repair at my cost as just out of warranty  ! We didn't have any problems with the TV until this outtage issue. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tringer  Have you fully followed the instructions in the post marked as the answer on this thread 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@JaniceKench wrote:

Having spoken to Sky today,  there is no such thing as a Sky Glass engineer.   So, they cannot send anyone to our homes to fix the problem.  

That is correct: the business model for Glass & Stream is courier delivery, self-installation and no in-premises support.  It's perhaps worth remembering that historically the national fleet of Sky 'engineers' were specifically there for satellite dish and cabling issues which it would be entirely unreasonable for householders to address.

Also until the Sky Glass problem is solved at their end., they can't or won't consider replacing the Glass tv.

The fundamental technical issue was discovered and resolved at the Sky end last Thursday night (19/09/24), with televisions and pucks being successfully reset from Friday morning (20/09/24) onwards.  Remaining problems are either account based (email addresses, for example) or local to the individual sets.

I dread to think how much Sky will have to pay out in compensation.  

For pro-rata loss of service, not a lot: most content subscriptions cost between one and three pounds per day.  What we don't know is if Sky is thinking of even that, let alone a more generous offer.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Yes I tried it all last night while I was on the phone to them but still nothing but a black screen  !

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Tringer wrote:

Yes I tried it all last night while I was on the phone to them but still nothing but a black screen  !

Where did the recovery process stop?

We tried the reset as on the sky page then tried the ethernet but still a black screen. I tried both again this morning and got the same result. TV went down on Wednesday evening, we were watching bbc tv just went blank with sound then nothing. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Tringer wrote:

TV went down on Wednesday evening, we were watching bbc tv just went blank with sound then nothing. 

Wednesday evening would suggest a different issue: the one which generated this megathread was very specifically from Thursday evening onwards.

If it was caused by something else (a normal failure rate would apply up until 19/09/24) then the reset process which triggers a software download might well not be relevant and if so isn't going to resolve the problem.

This message was authored by MFODonoghue This message was authored by: MFODonoghue

Have no sky since last Friday trouble shooting not working have made several calls to sky still nothing I'm fuming 

@MFODonoghue 

At which stage is the process not working for you?

This message was authored by MFODonoghue This message was authored by: MFODonoghue

Just says connecting and won't move from there

This message was authored by BRW1983 This message was authored by: BRW1983

@MFODonoghue wrote:

Have no sky since last Friday trouble shooting not working have made several calls to sky still nothing I'm fuming 

@MFODonoghue have you tried connecting to the router via an ethernet cable

This message was authored by BRW1983 This message was authored by: BRW1983

@KevNewMedia wrote:

Hi Everyone

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for this problem and for your patience whilst we work through this problem.

We have been working through the night to improve this problem. For those who are still impacted, can you now carry out these steps, please. We continue to work on the problem in the background.

I have updated the steps that I posted previously.

If you see a message where your PIN is not accepted, can you restart the TV/Puck please.

Can you/they add for people to try temporarily connecting via Ethernet to complete the reset, download and setup, they should then be able to switch back to WiFi once set-up is complete

This message was authored by Sarahm0801 This message was authored by: Sarahm0801

Having now been without accesss to sky to via sky glass since the evening of 19th September, it dawned on me that I'm actually still alive without sky tv and haven't felt Ive missed out on TV content. Been using my Amazon fire tv stick and Netflix. So yesterday I phoned Sky and cancelled my whole TV package. Don't get me wrong I've been thoroughly annoyed that the issue has not been fixed for me. I've spoken to several customer service agents and been waiting for 'back office engineers' to update me. I am not prepared to waste my time anymore and this is not really worth the money I've been coughing up every month.  

This message was authored by markcpops This message was authored by: markcpops

Re: Link Your Account - https://sky.com/activate

I am back up now. Looks like I was using my username to log on to sky rather than my email address. Something to watch out for if you are stuck on the "Oops" page.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion