Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by mareendavidson This message was authored by: mareendavidson

sky glass problem

Why after 4 days of know service on our sky glass tv which we have only has 1 week and only enjoyed tv for 3 days of 7 is the porblem not been permanatly fixed , done all the fixes tips given on your web site nothing works and have repeted this several time each day since the sevice went down this is not good enough and we need answers 😪😡👎

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

So another morning on the phone...

Sky are aware and working on the activation oops page, however I have been passed to yet another team as they still can't fathom why my code is accepted on the website but TV doesn't move on from there.

Another round of plug in, plug out, in, out, shake it all about...

still no further on 😭

This message was authored by Jade963 This message was authored by: Jade963

Re: Sky glass not connecting to internet

How did you manage that? It won't give me the option to connect to a network 🙃

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: sky glass problem

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mareendavidson 

I've moved your post into a large thread discussing this issue. Sky continue to work on it. See post 2, currently showing as the answer.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Julia63 This message was authored by: Julia63

Finally back up & running.

Not happy about this issue will be interested to hear what compensation is offered.

This message was authored by Linda1233 This message was authored by: Linda1233

Mine is up and running again  I  did not read it properly you  have to keep your finger on the button when you put the plug on that worked.

It would not accept my post code the issue was when we first set up the Sky acount the email address was wrong when they corrected the email address this created a secondary account.  The primary account had the wrong email info one letter wrong. Sky were great I have to say took 1 hour to get through but they called me back twice to get it all up and running. As soon as they reset the primary account with the correct email address I could log in and the box for code appeared all working now . 

Sky said they had several customers having problems with post code 

This message was authored by Ian1886 This message was authored by: Ian1886

Bewildered

Wait time on calls about Sky Glass down to one hour forty today. Must check when my subscription is up for renewal.......... 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@mareendavidson wrote:

Why after 4 days of know service on our sky glass tv which we have only has 1 week and only enjoyed tv for 3 days of 7 is the porblem not been permanatly fixed , done all the fixes tips given on your web site nothing works and have repeted this several time each day since the sevice went down this is not good enough and we need answers 😪😡👎

Have you tried the recovery process here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on ? What happens? What stage do you get to?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Hi @mareendavidson  what an unfortunate time to start your Sky subscription.  The outage was fixed (for most but not all people) on Friday morning.

If you have not already done so go through the recovery procedure HERE which is the Sky recommendation. 

Good luck

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Matt19891 This message was authored by: Matt19891

Hi can any one help please we have got the sky glass we have done all the other things that people have done it comes with sky when it loads up then we press 7 an 9 for 2 seconds then it takes u to your broadband so when we put the password in it doesn't connect any help or ad vice would be much appreciated thank u matt 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@Matt19891 

I had this issue where router and Internet was showing an X. I connected via ethernet cable, completed recovery and then WiFi reconnected as expected.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

image.jpg

@lettice  still not working, just done everything you said and it's still brought me back to the pin page 

This message was authored by Philg1969 This message was authored by: Philg1969

I just want them to cancel the agreement return my money so I can leave the and get back to normal TV and not 100 of channels of repeats ..tried booking a film last week they want £20 on top of my movies pack ..cheaper to go the cinema..anothe rip off that's what the Uk has become 😡😡

sky.com are you listening I doubt it .

This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

@Matt19891 I had to buy an Ethernet cable and connected it from my wifi hub into the tv and it worked. You don't need to connect to Wi-Fi if you do it that way, just to get you into the tv and then you'll be able to connect it to Wi-Fi later. So hopefully you have an Ethernet cable to hand as I'm sure that will work for you. 

This message was authored by Reilly9 This message was authored by: Reilly9

I still can not get it to work / still getting oops message when trying to activate. I can't even get through to them to cancel subscription!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion