Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Sarden7 This message was authored by: Sarden7

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

So we took tv upstairs and connected via cable. Everything worked. Took it back downstairs and it will not connect via wireless or password. 

1727087521874886782209537671328.jpg

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Hi all, just on with SKY via text. The bottom line is they are still having issues with some customers. Others are solved. Mine not solved yet. So if you are still having issues you may have to wait.

This message was authored by Dannyh35 This message was authored by: Dannyh35

Re: Sky.com/activate not working

I've been on the phone to them this morning as I've got the same problem, can't activate it on the website it keeps saying 'oops there's been a problem'. They said they didn't know about the problem with the website and just keep trying! I've been without sky since last Thursday and still am now! Absolute disgrace.

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

After days of mucking about, I have finally got the sky puck in the bedroom to reboot and connect. I have got to the stage where it is asking for a pin number. I have put my pin number in, but it says it's not valid. So I changed it to something I could remember. and it's still not valid. How  can I connect to it???

How do I find the option to txt sky please? 

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

@Sarden7 I had the same trouble what I did was to hold the WPS button on the router. for almost a minute. Don't let your finger off it. Give it a few minutes and then try again. It worked for me.

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

I tried posting but text number blocked from.posting.

(removed)

Moderator note: Removed phone number.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hobbayne64 wrote:

After days of mucking about, I have finally got the sky puck in the bedroom to reboot and connect. I have got to the stage where it is asking for a pin number. I have put my pin number in, but it says it's not valid. So I changed it to something I could remember. and it's still not valid. How  can I connect to it???

Often a removal of power cable of the Sky Stream puck for a few minutes, when on the Pin problem screen,  solves the pin problem.

If that still does not, try this that has worked for a few customers last few days;

1. Press the Standby button on your Sky remote, the right-hand side of your Sky Glass TV or the bottom of your Sky Stream puck.
  2. Switch your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck off at the mains and unplug it.
  3. Plug it back in and switch it back on at the mains.
  4. Leave the Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck powered on for 30 minutes.
  5. After 30 minutes, press the Standby button again.
  6. Switch it off at the plug and switch it back on again. There’s no need to unplug it this time.
  7. Press the Home button on the Sky remote.
  8. After a while, the Sky logo will show on screen as the TV or Sky Stream puck starts back up.
- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

On hold to sky for hours phone call

Yesterday evening rang sky as I couldn't get anywhere with this ongoing issue with the puck linking my sky account had to hang up playing music constantly with no answer 

This message was authored by KarenClarke06 This message was authored by: KarenClarke06

No Sky Glass

I have had no sky glass since Friday and have tried many many times to go through the process on screen following instructions and putting in codes from a link from sky after calling them yesterday.

can anyone please help me.

Karen

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: On hold to sky for hours phone call

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonathanphillip wrote:

Yesterday evening rang sky as I couldn't get anywhere with this ongoing issue with the puck linking my sky account had to hang up playing music constantly with no answer 

All I would suggest at  the moment, is have a browse through the last few pages on this thread.
Some who had this problem over the weekend have managed to find some solutions to the activation problem.

Those solutions may help you.

We as Superusers have made Sky aware of this activation problem,, so be assured its being looked at by Sky.
Often with account problems it can be a tricky one.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Sky.com/activate not working

I add that same thing when I tried to activate the puck with the account link the website your on about it happened to me same thing oops there is a problem please ring sky on this number 

This message was authored by Philg1969 This message was authored by: Philg1969

Sky glass still not working

Sky glass not working since Thursday last week .Made serval calls into sky gave up as I waited 2 hours plus with NO answer.

when I did get through to someone I said as a VIP customer surly there's something they could do ..got out on HOLD for the technical department..gave up after 2 hours on hold ..

Glass TV still not working and it now looks like they have cancelled my account ..can't use the app or find my account..shocking service . I am now moving broadband to BT and will look to buy a TV that works ..

if anyone is thinking of buy Sky Glaass DONT ..

nothing but problems for over a year and poor service from SKY .

Still not working 😕 

This message was authored by Dielectric This message was authored by: Dielectric

Re: Sky glass still not working

My account is missing too but I can still log in to sky go and watch on there! I feel the way sky is treating this massive problem and it's customers is nothing short of criminal!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion