Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Paul779 This message was authored by: Paul779

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I've already tried all this and it still won't switch on

This message was authored by Ceri14 This message was authored by: Ceri14

Re: Glass warranty

My 2 year warranty came to an end in April this year and today the TV has just stopped working!!! Very frustrating!! 

This message was authored by alenon This message was authored by: alenon

@lettice @Chloe240  I tried the instructions you kindly gave but I'm afraid it doesn't ever bypass the enter PIN page. I tried turning the puck off and on several times. Then I tried rebooting the puck but still no joy. I just can't get past the enter PIN page even though I "reset" PIN after entering last 4 digits of payment method.  I've also reset my PIN online through my SKY account details. @lettice if you have any other help or tricks to try that would be so appreciated. I can't believe SKY don't have a solution available online, and zero customer service.  

This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

I've given up.

I'm on the phone to them but I suspect I'll just be given the spiel that's already been given to you other customers.

Just can't get past the 'link your account' screen.  No amount of holding buttons in or pairing remotes is going to fix this issue.  I'll see if they can fix this instead.

But remember we have Sky Go 😊👍

Thought I was going to miss the Singapore GP but unlike their TVs, Sky broadband is working fine.  Shame I had to watch it on my iPad but hey, better than nothing 🇬🇧🏁

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Glass warranty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ceri14 

There is a known issue with glass and pucks not coming on. Have you tried the recovery process? https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on?area=sky-glass&DCMP=ivr-skycom:ec_gl...

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Gillosmond6 This message was authored by: Gillosmond6

Re: No tv

Nope followed all instructions still not working 

This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

@PaulMX5 wrote:

Has anyone who has had the Oops, there has been a problem, actually had this fixed?

if yes, what did you do? Thanks. 

@PaulMX5

No - I don't believe so.  Spoke multiple times to Sky today (again) and it seems that this is being caused by a long-standing issue with linking accounts to SkyIDs, especially if you have more than one account or had an old account that you have previously cancelled.

Does any of that sound familiar to

you?

I do not have much confidence that they can actually fix this problem, because it seems to have to been going on for years.  So tomorrow I am going to ask them

to close my account and open one either in me wife's name or my own Irish name to see if that works.  If not, unfortunately I am back to Virgin Media, whose customer services are slightly more terrible than Sky, but at least they will send someone out to look at technical problems.

This message was authored by Angief5618 This message was authored by: Angief5618

Managed to reboot both the puck and our sky glass tv, and they are now both working,  took us over 1hr for the tv, just followed the instructions, my mum's sky glass rebooted the first time , she has only had her sky glass 18 months,

I just wish that a massive company like Sky would give you an update on how long we're expected to be without any tv? 

Re: No tv

Snap. I'm in the same boat

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul779 

They won't know that til they've fixed it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by PaulMX5 This message was authored by: PaulMX5

@Polqaz 

Yes, I'm sure I have an old unused account. I have tried signing into Sky with all the emails I use, but still stuck. Thanks for the reply. 

This message was authored by Reilly9 This message was authored by: Reilly9

Still not working managed to speak to someone directed me to same link still not working and then said I'll transfer to tech team - hung on phone for 45 mins and given up again! I'm cancelling contract tomorrow 

This message was authored by Mary1985 This message was authored by: Mary1985

I have done this several times and it still dosent work

Please help

This message was authored by dino9898 This message was authored by: dino9898

I myself so far have not been affected - I am on a new sky stream puk just the past 1 month. But this is concerening that Sky can sell a TV at hugely inflated prices for what you get and then the weakness showing that if something goes wrong it can totally seize up the said TV set. The control over this is really quite worrying.

Sky do not seem to have any real idea of what to do about this issue - many on the facegroup groups and YT saying today problems re-accuring. If me being on sky puk had these issues I would probably bail - fight the get out of contract early part and jump back to virgin or stick with just firestick.

Skys customer support is dreadful at the best of times - when you get through to the dreaded and much hated overseas call centers. I can only imagine how dire it is right now. From all I have read online (not just here) sky could not have made a bigger mess if they tried and CS seems to be on vacation. Im surprised this has not leaked out to the wider media ...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion