Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jakehugg This message was authored by: Jakehugg

Re: Activate sky stream

Didnt work

This message was authored by Jakehugg This message was authored by: Jakehugg

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

You have to go into internet and type in sky.com/activate and then put your code in there but I've been trying for the last couple days and system is down as says oops there's been a problem pathetic 

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Compensation from sky?

Hi super

have exhausted every option, with precision and patience but the latter is thining. 

This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

@docer64 yeah im very close to closing my subscription mainly because of the diabolical customer service after 4 days of no service at all they should be announcing progress on email or in newspapers. All I've seen is a small report in the Sun intimating a small problem easily fixed. Disgusting. 

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Thanks - tried that yesterday and it didn't work. Will give it another go 

This message was authored by Stumpt This message was authored by: Stumpt

Thank you. Unff seeing the earthnet  worked for me!  It allows the Sky glass  to get the required update.  It's now back up and running in the bedroom. 

Nice one 👍🏽

This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

Re: Sky.com/activate not working

@Jakehugg  hi I'm inclined to do same i have a old bt box in my bedroom which until now hasn't been used but I've spent the last 4 nights on the bed now and might move it into lounge that would be the end of sky for me. Dave 

This message was authored by Marymoo1 This message was authored by: Marymoo1

Mine is now working! Reset my sky puck and it worked! 

This message was authored by TD79 This message was authored by: TD79

@NeilM46

My post from the other day

‎21 Sep 2024 09:20 PM

If you believe that you have tried everything to the letter, including different browsers, mobile Internet, App activation then you need to queue on the phone unfortunately. 

After 2 hours today I was referred to more senior techs as the initial department couldn't fathom it for me either.

Sadly I have a man whom I am about to divorce over his TV and the named person dealing with my case at sky is not back in until Wednesday 😮.

Until then I just have to keep trying the fix in the case that I magically download a new patch.

As there are thousands who are trying to do the same it's possible that the whole system is just overwhelmed. 

Post 3474 of 3,777
This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

Thank you for your help @lettice, Ethernet cable worked and I am now stuck on the pin page, have noticed people saying to unplug and leave for 10 seconds and then plug back in and should work but mine goes straight back to the pin page? Any help please 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe240 wrote:

Thank you for your help @lettice, Ethernet cable worked and I am now stuck on the pin page, have noticed people saying to unplug and leave for 10 seconds and then plug back in and should work but mine goes straight back to the pin page? Any help please 

Try leaving it for more than 10 seconds - say a minute. 

I'm not recommending this, as it's contrary to Sky's instructions, but being absolutely certain I knew what the PIN was, I entered it on the PIN page and it was fine. It's up to you whether or not to try it.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe240 wrote:

Great, a step forward.
As mentioned above. Try unplugging for longer. A few minutes will not hurt.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Fozzy456 This message was authored by: Fozzy456

My Sky Glass Works.......with my Roku, I have given up trying now as all I get is oops something went wrong when trying to activate, sky are calling me on Thursday at which point I hope somebody has a grip of this.

A massive learning curve for Sky, appreciate things go wrong but they have handled this poorly and that is being kind. No call back facility nobody advising of wait times, nobody with any solution. The best of it is the message, we know waiting is not ideal so listen to some music, who thought that one up!

Anyway dusted the Roku off, avoided any updates and the thing is working, not great but at least I have some tv, let's hope the washing machine has not updated overnight.

This message was authored by Michael517 This message was authored by: Michael517

Re: Sky glass won’t turn on

I phoned them yesterday and according to the agent have to wait 72 hours which is ridiculous mines still not working 

This message was authored by JohnM57 This message was authored by: JohnM57

Sky Stream puck.

I have repeatedly over the last 3 days followed too the letter the steps set out on page 2 of this thread.

I get the same result every time, the puck is absolutely dead just won't start

Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion