Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: sky puck

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@billsboro  What steps have you tried?  

If you have not already done so have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on for the recovery process. It has not worked for all subscribers

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps. If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds. After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Nope all that does is cause the puck to have a white light and no signal message on TV 

This message was authored by R1char8 This message was authored by: R1char8

UPDATE SKY GLASS

So after three days of no Sky Glass, and three days of constantly trying the much maligned 'fix' I gave up and decided to wait until Monday.

Then this afternoon I happened to walk past my TV and it suddenly turned itself on, ran the update, and is now working fine!, no intervention from me at all, no need to log back in or anything, no need to power on and off and on and off, switch cables, hold the button for 16 hours, restart my router or anything, it just worked.

Hopefully the same will happen for everyone. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Piker20 wrote:

Nope all that does is cause the puck to have a white light and no signal message on TV 

@Piker20 How long are you holding the button down after you get the white light?  It can still take 5-10 seconds after that before the light flashes alternate colours.

Re your other post it's your prerogative to cancel your payments but be aware this will have a detrimental effect on your credit rating score which will follow you for many years to come.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by billsboro This message was authored by: billsboro

its not sky glass its a puck and nothing works 

This message was authored by Steph79 This message was authored by: Steph79

Re: SKY GLASS STILL NOT WORKING

Ok will it give it a go

This message was authored by Team+h This message was authored by: Team+h

Just tried the reset for the 3rd time but you have to wait for the red light to flash quickly, not just slowly like it does when you first do it! Hold reset button for about 20 seconds..... it worked for us finally! 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@billsboro wrote:

its not sky glass its a puck and nothing works 

@billsboro  The same instruction PAGE covers both Glass and Stream pucks.  Just select the correct one (just right of the top of the blue line)

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

To Docer64

That is the exact problem i have inputting the code does absolutely nothing.,Dave 

This message was authored by ColSou This message was authored by: ColSou

Re: Sky stream issues

I'm new customer as of Thursday 19th stream went off Thursday night . Tried the re boot thing , didn't recognise pin so changed pin didn't recognise that either . Plus landline does not accept incoming calls waste of £££ I'm leaving sky 

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Re: Sky stream issues

Yep my contract is up in October so time to move on I think. 

This message was authored by docer64 This message was authored by: docer64

@David+s+n 

So frustrating isn't it! Tv started up, software installed, remote connected - doesn't fancy completing the final stage.

lost count of the amount of hard resets, factory resets, restarts, different browsers, different networks, different devices....

arghhh

This message was authored by Jakehugg This message was authored by: Jakehugg

Re: Sky.com/activate not working

I've been trying for the last week, Every night after work on the phone and ends up hanging up when they close, been a sky stream user for 3 days and then last week haven't been able to watch or sign in on the account, Couple more hours on phone right now and if they do not answer I am cancelling my sky tv and broadband and moving to bt , sky.com/activate doesn't work disappointed 

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

At the puck (red) stage  and then software update and then activation code. How do you activate this. I've tried going into my app (and I don't know where  to type it in?)

This message was authored by JaqiT This message was authored by: JaqiT

No nothing works!!! As an elderly disabled person this is bad customer service!!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion