Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@lettice 

Hi Lettice

Thank you for all your efforts to help but I'm afraid the resolution "that works" doesn't for some of us; even when followed multiple times and each time to the letter.

Whilst I can now get as far the connection screen, my router isn't recognised even though I've rebooted it and it's recognised by every other device in the house.

All the best

This message was authored by Ginner This message was authored by: Ginner

I've turned everything off at the wall even the router and it's made no difference at all. It just flashes SKY on the TV then goes off. It's not about steps I need to take. This is an issue sky need to resolve 

This message was authored by PaulMX5 This message was authored by: PaulMX5

Day 3 without Sky Glass

stuck at the  Oops there has been a problem

Called Sky "help" line twice to be told twice the engineers are working on it, and no fix yes.

what am I supposed to do now? 

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ginner wrote:

I've turned everything off at the wall even the router and it's made no difference at all. It just flashes SKY on the TV then goes off. It's not about steps I need to take. This is an issue sky need to resolve 

It wont fix itself you need to attempt at least to try the steps in post 2.   If you're not willing tio at least try and help yourself there is nothing the community can do to help you either.

This being the case you'll need to call Sky.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@PaulMX5 wrote:

Day 3 without Sky Glass

stuck at the  Oops there has been a problem

Called Sky "help" line twice to be told twice the engineers are working on it, and no fix yes.

what am I supposed to do now? 

@PaulMX5 If you have not already done so have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow the link to the next page and  follow the recovery process.  It has not worked for all subscribers 

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps.  If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds.  After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

It had me up and running again in just a few minutes.  Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by rorymanson This message was authored by: rorymanson

Re: Sky glass will not turn in and no red LED

I am having this very issue, however I've ordered a replacement cable and it is still not working. Tried unplugging for a while, tried different sockets, tried the power button at the side, tried a new cable... but sadly no joy and the red standby light hasn't come back on. I did briefly get a flash of the sky logo last night trying but every since it hasn't come back on. Any ideas? 

This message was authored by PaulMX5 This message was authored by: PaulMX5

@Fothergill1 

thanks for the reply.  I've done all you say many many times.

im logged into my Sky account but still get the Oops message.

ive tried different browsers and cleared the cache many times. 

GD1
Topic Author

Re: Sky glass will not turn in and no red LED

@rorymanson  I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue, have you tried the steps above in post 2?

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@dzy82f wrote:

@lettice 

Hi Lettice

Thank you for all your efforts to help but I'm afraid the resolution "that works" doesn't for some of us; even when followed multiple times and each time to the letter.

Whilst I can now get as far the connection screen, my router isn't recognised even though I've rebooted it and it's recognised by every other device in the house.

All the best

Thanks for the kind words, appreciated. We are only customers trying to help other customers like you..

Yes there are still some issues affectng some customers, like the activation that Sky have been msde aware of by us and others. It is I'm afraid just a wait on taht one from Sky.

The pin problem has a workaround that so far works for all.

As for the network problems, we have seen a few occurances of this and suggest doing the following;

Can you unplug your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck.

Restart your broadband router and then try again.

Also, are you connecting via wifi?

If so, if you have one, try connecting an ethernet cable to your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck as a temporary measure. Unplug the Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck for a few minutes and try again.

Then hopefulli if your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck i up and running you can redo your wifi in the Sky Glass Tv or Sky Stream settings with a network reset and remove the ethernet cable.

If you already have an ethernet cable in your Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck, unplug the Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck for two minutes and when its unplugged remove the ethernet cable andr einsert it. Repower the Sky Glass TV or Sky Stream puck and try again. One of our Superusers had this ethernet issue and found this fix.

It seems whatever happened, caused some kind of connection blip in the saved settings for some customers. 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Amber91 This message was authored by: Amber91

Ive done the steps multiple times and it still doesnt work 24 hours now

This message was authored by Emmamarie90 This message was authored by: Emmamarie90

Sky glass linking of account not working

I've had to reset my sky glass tv as there have been issues since Thursday of my tv not turning on. I've called sky numerous times each time not being able to get through to anyone on customer service to help me. I have followed the resetting steps set out online , in the app and on the text message they have sent me . But when it comes to linking my account and entering the code to do this on the app , it just comes up with an error saying there's a problem and to call sky . When I call sky the same automated message is played repeatedly and I'm back to square one . This has been happening for 3 days now with no tv . Any help available or advice ? 

This message was authored by Amber91 This message was authored by: Amber91

Updates on sky stream?

Is there any updates or anyone had any luck getting their sky stream to work? Ive followed the recommeneded steps multiple times and still nothing 

This message was authored by Maurice1000 This message was authored by: Maurice1000

Sky stream not working

Third day running stream not working the fix sky asked you do doesn't work can't they tell people what's wrong and fix it

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Amber91 wrote:

Ive done the steps multiple times and it still doesnt work 24 hours now

What do you have, a Sky Stream puck or Sky Glass TV? 

How far are you getting in the procedure to fix?
Have you seen any downloading blue screen?

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
GD1
Topic Author

@Amber91  Which steps have you followed?   Have you followed all the steps in post 2 of this thread?

If so how far have you gotten?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion