Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Titanics This message was authored by: Titanics

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Went out for dinner came back and sky glass tv won't come on. Have switched off power socket and on again. Changes batteries in remote but tv not working. Any suggestions??

This message was authored by Dannyh35 This message was authored by: Dannyh35

I think we're all getting to the same point, which is the activation code and sky link isn't working, is just does 'oops there is a priblem' then you phone and can't get through!

Screenshot_20240922_010752_Samsung Internet.jpg

This message was authored by Sophie109 This message was authored by: Sophie109

Re: application for compensation

Hi I’m a mother of six kids with severe mental issues. Tv is my main source of entertainment. It helps distract my thoughts and low moods which affect me mentally. I can’t keep my kids entertained and am feeling overly stressed. I have followed the steps to reset my tv given to me by sky and still my sky glass won’t turn on. I have had no service since Thursday afternoon . Today is Sunday. I have called sky who told me it’s a technical fault and they are working on fixing it. When I asked how long they couldn’t give me a time or day of when it would be fixed. I was told I would get compensated financially. I need my tv and its services . This what I pay for. As a full time mum with mental health needs and young kids I am facing a huge inconvenience. Do something about it . I am so disappointed in your service

This message was authored by Dskywere This message was authored by: Dskywere

It's nuts that it still says there's an issue with sky pucks in the service checker, and from my brief skim reading the 70+ pages since I last replied on here that people still have issues I've gotten sky go to work on my pc and just gonna leave my pc connected to the big TV and just use that going forward - but that defo isn't a fix for everyone and 100% sky should be offering some kind of credit towards people's next bill I'd contact support if there was an email or live chat option, but it's phone only sadly, so I guess my puck can now become a perma paperweight 😂
This message was authored by Flintbox This message was authored by: Flintbox

Re: When will the outage be sorted, for an expensive item we are waiting to long.

I have tried this workaround hundreds of times still the same oops message everytime and yes I am signed in. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: application for compensation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sophie109 

I have moved your post into the more appropriate thread discussing the large scale issue with Sky Glass. At this time there has been no official comment on whether compensation will be offered. In the meantime have a read of post 2 on this thread currently marked as the answer which provides guidance on getting your Sky Glass working which has worked successfully for many customers.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Havill This message was authored by: Havill

Re: Sky glass completely unusable

It would be nice if the rest of us that  still havent sky glass working could get through to get an enginner out

you seem to be the lucky one !!!!

we have all tried time n time again and now getting real cheesed off 

feel sorry for familys that have got young kids 

sky get yr act together  we all pay 

extremely high bills for No service  

its discusting  

SKY GET IT SORTED WERE ALL GETTING FED UP WITH EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Havill 

I have moved your post into the more appropriate thread discussing the large scale issue with Sky Glass that started on the 19th. 

I'm afraid there are no Glass engineers. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MTTRY This message was authored by: MTTRY

I am getting an incorrect pin page and going through the "forgot your pin" process isn't working 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

@Havill wrote:

It would be nice if the rest of us that  still havent sky glass working could get through to get an enginner out

you seem to be the lucky one !!!!

we have all tried time n time again and now getting real cheesed off 

feel sorry for familys that have got young kids 

sky get yr act together  we all pay 

extremely high bills for No service  

its discusting  

SKY GET IT SORTED WERE ALL GETTING FED UP WITH EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would achieve nothing ... Sky have already got their engineers out ... there is no issue with the TVs ... the issue is with Sky's servers the TVs depend on🤔

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

I'm on Sky glass. Haven't had tv since Thursday. Have tried the recovery so many times. I can't get pass network setup. I'm getting more frustrated each day. It's ruined my weekend. 

This message was authored by MrsB70 This message was authored by: MrsB70

Sky glass

What on earth is wrong with sky glass? First it doesn't turn on and now it's saying 'no Wi-Fi network found'? 

sky, please do your upgrades during the week next time, not before the weekend when relaxing with the family with a film has been planned. 

what compensation will we receive? More phone data to cover what we've had to use for entertainment on phones over the last few days? 

with the amount we we pay, this is unacceptable. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@MTTRY wrote:

I am getting an incorrect pin page and going through the "forgot your pin" process isn't working 

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. ,What is a Superuser?Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Goodbye2024 This message was authored by: Goodbye2024

My sky Puck has stopped working tried rebooting and followed master reset. It will not accept pin.

Our sky Puck has ceased working it was flashing on switching on then saying no signal. Have checked connections, power source and conducted a master reset. On reset and following instructions it will not progress pass the pin request despite correct pin entered and even tried resetting the pin to be sure. Please help. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Vickim8558 wrote:

I'm on Sky glass. Haven't had tv since Thursday. Have tried the recovery so many times. I can't get pass network setup. I'm getting more frustrated each day. It's ruined my weekend. 

Can you unplug your Sky Glass

Restart your broadband router

Then try again.

Also, are you connecting your Sky Glass Tv via wifi?

If so, if you have one, try connecting an ethernet cable to your Glass Tv and broadband router and try.

Then once back and running you can redo your wifi in the Glass TV settings with a network reset and remove the ethernet cable.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. ,What is a Superuser?Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion