Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jånet This message was authored by: Jånet

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Yes, I'm signed in at sky.com - but when I enter https://sky.com/activate, it takes me to the Oops message. I've been logging in an out for hours at this stage. I've never seen anywhere to enter the activation code that's displayed on my Sky Glass. I'm trying to work out if this is because of a problem with Sky, or because of something I'm doing wrong. The TV has been out of action since Thursday afternoon.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Polqaz wrote:

@Jporch316 

thanks - I am convinced by now most Sky Glass users will have correctly followed the reset steps by now and that the issue is that the reset TV cannot be activated / linked with the right Sky account.  In turn it seems to me that this issue is caused by confusion around the linking of the correct skyid and the correct sky account.

Does any one have an advice as to how you can ensure that your Sky Id is linked to the right account?

This is the bit we are struggling to understand ..... a poster earlier stated he had two sky id s - one for mobile and one for tv. There could be more variants on this for users who have created new ones instead of trying to reset the passwords on their old ones. It's hard to advise people when they or we don't know if they have multiple sky accounts.

I know I only have 1 sky ID for all of my sky bits 

or we don't know if there is a backend problem with sky's systems for some accounts

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Foley1 This message was authored by: Foley1

Still no tv sky glass

Does anyone else's ask to set up WiFi but saying cannot connect been like this since Thursday 6pm. Tried ringing but gave up after hr on hold tried all the steps but nothing 

This message was authored by Loopylou5 This message was authored by: Loopylou5

Sky glass not turning on

Still no tv sky glass won't switch on been like this since Thursday no answer from sky on phone or chat this is our main tv can't even watch Netflix or dvd on PlayStation as tv won't turn on

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@NeilM46 wrote:

Doesn't work for me. Tried logging in and using a different browser

IMG_1144.png

Ok can you try this test: switch off your WiFi on your iPhone to force your phone to connect and use the  mobile data network instead. Once done then open a new safari page and then log in to sky account and then try the activate page. Let us all know if any change..

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@Dannyh35 wrote:

3 days now ive had that 'oops there is a problem' and can't reactivate it to watch! SKY is an absolute joke for the money it costs us!!

Then do the activation here; http://sky.com/activate

Make sure you are logged in to the main Sky website. Just crossed my mind that some people may think logging in to this Sky community forum is the same thing. It's not, it's separate. 

@Paul+Dray  That's a good point and is not something I had thought about.  There is certainly something strange going on as I can log into the activation page whenever I want so it is definitely working properly.

@Fothergill1  I'm not even sure that users think logging into MySky app is also what they do .......

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

I'm wondering if this is a 'hide my ip address' feature setting problem on people's devices.

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Jånet 

@Polqaz 

@NeilM46 

Can you all try the following to activate. It may be another solution.

Try either or both of the following;

Open up the MySky app if you have it installed on an Android phone or Apple phone/iPad

when in the MySky app on main page,

scroll down and click on Product Settings

click on Device Management

scroll down that page until you see activate a new device

clickmon that and try entering your activation code you see on your Sky Stream puck or SKy Glass TV there.

If you do not have the app, login to Mysky in a browser here

https://www.sky.com/myaccount

Click on the three bar menu icon top left and choose My Sky

scroll down and click on Product Settings

click on Streaming TV

scroll down that page until you see activate a new device

click on  that and try entering your activation code you see on your Sky Stream puck or SKy Glass TV there.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Abbie39 This message was authored by: Abbie39

Tv isn’t working

**bleep** joke paying for something what doesn't even **bleep** turn on 

@Paul+Dray wrote:

I'm wondering if this is a 'hide my ip address' feature setting problem on people's devices.

I have told a few posters to turn off their router for 10 minutes to try and grab a different external ip address ..... we don't know if the activation site is geo locked to uk ip addresses and some of the newer ones haven't been registered. Trouble is no one seems to post back if it's worked or not 

This message was authored by Ricardo414 This message was authored by: Ricardo414

sorry nothing show on mine just show other device

@Ricardo414 wrote:

sorry nothing show on mine just show other device

Have you got a glass tv or sky stream ?

This message was authored by Jånet This message was authored by: Jånet

@lettice 

Thanks for the suggestion - I have done as suggested via the app. When I click on Device management it says 'Oops....etc as always. I've also tried using sky.com on my phone and on my laptop - always the same result.

Re: Sky glass not turning on

@Loopylou5 wrote:

Still no tv sky glass won't switch on been like this since Thursday no answer from sky on phone or chat this is our main tv can't even watch Netflix or dvd on PlayStation as tv won't turn on

Not sure what you have tried so far.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass TV customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@Paul+Dray 

thank you so far for your efforts, most appreciated 😀

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion