Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Your product is **bleep**

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jet1973 We're customers here, not Sky personnel. I've moved your post as it has nothing to do with Sky Yahoo Mail. Have you completed the recovery procedure explained in the post marked as the Answer here?

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519 

This message was authored by Cee_Me This message was authored by: Cee_Me

Re: How do I speak to a human sky technical assistant to find out whats happening with sky glass,

It's not just sky glass it's sky stream as well

This message was authored by grainger1982 This message was authored by: grainger1982

Glass won't turn on

Cancelled my Sky subscription and during the night on Friday our tv and internet stopped working. But for some reason the Sky Glass won't turn on at all. No red light at all on the tv. Tried turning on using remote and power button on TV. Have unplugged and plugged back in. I was hoping to use the Glass TV as a normal

TV from Monday when my EE broadband and TV starts. But I am concerned TV is broken? I have turned on my Nintendo Switch as I though maybe it needs an input to power on but still nothing! Feel like too much of a coincidence to stop working the same day that the Sky was cancelled? Any ideas?

Re: How do I speak to a human sky technical assistant to find out whats happening with sky glass,

@Cee_Me wrote:

It's not just sky glass it's sky stream as well

Correct.

This message was authored by Poppy6r This message was authored by: Poppy6r

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

21st at my 15:37 and still my TV won't work. 
Day 3 😭

This message was authored by Cee_Me This message was authored by: Cee_Me

When you call sky customer service you just sit in a queue for hours, really bad customer service I've tried it for two days now and no luck

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@kharis wrote:

Yet another post from Sky saying follow the prescribed procedure and my TV will re-set and turn on.

I followed step by step and guess what - NOTHING HAPPENED !!!. My tv set still wont respond.

So now what Mr Engineer ???  Just wait until how ever long it takes. Think I will ditch Sky

All we can offer is to say, keep trying.

We have seen a few over the last few days that it took about three times doing the procedure to get it working.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@Poppy6r wrote:

21st at my 15:37 and still my TV won't work. 
Day 3 😭

Have you completed the recovery procedure?

This message was authored by Poppy6r This message was authored by: Poppy6r

Yup. Umpteen times. I've spoken to three reps. 
last one told me I have to wait until problem is fixed as I only have the glass TV and not a sky package 🤷‍♀️

This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Re: Sky Glass Outage

Bet they won't class it as a break of their contract. I feel like cancelling my direct debit because SKY have failed on their half of the agreement 

This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

@Coops thanks for the alternative method via the app, but I only got as far as device management and THEN got the "Oops there has been a problem" message.

So far I have not seen any evidence that there is a working activation page.  And yes, before you ask, OF COURSE I AM LOGGED IN!!!

Forget about "Post 2", it might work for some but not here.

@TD79 

There have been some issues where in the past some customers have had issues with their Sky account, as they have had two accounts and swapped them or similar at some point.

Do you know if you have had anything like this in the past?

If so, you may have to call Sky to get them to resolve the Sky id  and the account activation.

But, if that is not the case and you really do not want to be sat on a long queue to Sky, have you tried doing the activating using a mobile phone on 4g, so it's not connected to your home broadband, that has worked for some.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by JasonWilliamson This message was authored by: JasonWilliamson

I reset my stream puck

takes me to blue to pair the remote press 3 and 6 and nothing happens

been down now for 3 days absolute joke 

@Ric74 wrote:

@Coops thanks for the alternative method via the app, but I only got as far as device management and THEN got the "Oops there has been a problem" message.

So far I have not seen any evidence that there is a working activation page.  And yes, before you ask, OF COURSE I AM LOGGED IN!!!

Forget about "Post 2", it might work for some but not here.

Have you tried doing the activating using a mobile phone on 4g, so it's not connected to your home broadband, that has worked for some.

Also, try the alternative link or browser refresh if you have not tried;

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by LiamFletcher This message was authored by: LiamFletcher

Thanks to all the superusers for their help and support! After 3 days of no TV and not being able to get any help from sky, I followed the process literally dozens of times and finally, having used my mobile hotspot, the damned thing has updated and is working. 

Great effort from all of you!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion