Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by RB29 This message was authored by: RB29

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I powered it off about 4 times and it still takes me back to the set-up process of syncing remote and choosing to use speakers etc then the PIN screen and no further as I can put pin I'm but it don't do anything it still says 0/3 when type pin in over and over its ridiculous 

This message was authored by SKYRIP This message was authored by: SKYRIP

Re: our 65inch sky glass will not turn on

I had the exact same issue. I managed to take it off the wall and carry across the room by myself to my router. You have to hard wire it and it'll update and fix the issue.. ok I'm not with sky anymore and have been with EE for about 7months. Hopefully this will help you 

This message was authored by JJO50 This message was authored by: JJO50

Re: Sky puck won’t turn on

I started having issues last night and followed advice on the app to turn power, off /hold the standby button  on bottom of puck and then turn on the power whilst keeping button pressed until lights flashing differen colours- then released button, software updated but then stuck at 'you're connected'. Tried calling Sky (1hr on hold) then checked website which said streaming outage in this area ! Moral- check website first.

This message was authored by Sy70 This message was authored by: Sy70

Reset router it says I'm connected via WiFi but still frozen on the network setup page...remote is not working at all...tried resetting the remote but still nothing.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dutch11 wrote:

I've just got mine up and running but it took me spam pressing the power button on and off at the link your remote page. Then it gave me the wrong PIN screen as it was yesterday so turned everything off and on a couple of times until it finally accpeted the PIN so Lettice you are right I just had to do it a slightly different way. I followed all the instructions multiple times yesterday and the day before with no luck but at least mine is working again hopefully it won't go off again.

Good to hear, thanks.

Enjoy  watching on your Sky device again 😀

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: our 65inch sky glass will not turn on

@revird 

I've moved your post into a large thread discussing this issue. Sky are aware and still working on it. See post 2, currently showing as the answer.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Leelatequila This message was authored by: Leelatequila

Hi, I followed the instructions, got the code, went to activate and it just says "oops there seems to be a problem." I've tried three different numbers to try to speak to someone to no avail. Still on hold now almost an hour on. Can anyone advise please as this is driving me crazy? Thanks ☺️ 

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

@GD1 wrote:

Thread title created to reflect current issue

The 2 email addresses was a similar problem I had when I got sky glass as I moved house. They had two different postcodes on their system so they had to align their system to show new address.

This message was authored by shell9 This message was authored by: shell9

Re: Sky puck flashes white then turns off.

Can't load my pluck just flashes white and nothing unplugged all night and still doing the same not paying for something I can't use it's a joke now 

This message was authored by Pesser This message was authored by: Pesser

Re: Sky puck won’t turn on

Do a hard reset switch off from mains

Hold down power button under the puck switch back on while holding power button untill the light goes from white to flashing color follow on screen instructions 

==================================

LG 65' E9 OLED
1 GIG COMMUNITY FIBRE
This message was authored by Allystu_birch64 This message was authored by: Allystu_birch64

Disappointing sky glass and stream

Couldn't get my sky glass to work until this morning from 3 days ago. Its only my stream puck to get fixed. Really disappointing Couldn't get a proper telephone number to call
This message was authored by Daz29 This message was authored by: Daz29

Re: Will not dign in after sky glass reboot. Tried the reset 4 timez. Now still on hold to sky120 mi

Nothing I have done has worker. It's been like this since the 18th ! Just spoke to someone from Sky who informed me even the have no idea what it is as its only Sky Glass that has this issue and no other Sky products. He stated they have no idea what the fault is or how long this will continue!!

This message was authored by bayardm This message was authored by: bayardm

Out of interest

Does anyone know if the recent shutdown problem was related to a software update? If so, what is the culprits version number. My Glass and puck have not been affected, yet!, but I'm worried that I may suffer due to the rollout effect.

Sky Glass 43” stand mount, Wi-fi, 1 puck, ethernet from Bt disc.
Sky Ultimate and whole home, Diamond VIP User
BT Hybrid FTTC, BT Smart Hub 2 + 1 disc

@RB29 wrote:

I powered it off about 4 times and it still takes me back to the set-up process of syncing remote and choosing to use speakers etc then the PIN screen and no further as I can put pin I'm but it don't do anything it still says 0/3 when type pin in over and over its ridiculous 

Not sure what you have tried .

Do the process as in post 2 on this thread.

When at the pin stage and if that fails, ignore the pin failure.

Power off your puck, leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue the process, so just follow the instructions.

This has worked for many so far having a pin issue during this process.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@Leelatequila wrote:

Hi, I followed the instructions, got the code, went to activate and it just says "oops there seems to be a problem." I've tried three different numbers to try to speak to someone to no avail. Still on hold now almost an hour on. Can anyone advise please as this is driving me crazy? Thanks ☺️ 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion