Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Mags17 This message was authored by: Mags17

Re: Flashing white lights on sky puk will not start up just keeps flashing on both my sky stream put

You need to reset it by pushing bottom on the underside of the pick. 
I couldn't get past the PIN but gave up in frustration and turned it off. 3 hours later it has come on. Hopefully yours will come on. 

This message was authored by ChM1991 This message was authored by: ChM1991

Re: Sky tv and pick not working

Only relaying exactly what I was told by a sky expert on the phone this evening at 19.30 this eve, by no means an expert myself 🤷🏻‍♀️

This message was authored by ChM1991 This message was authored by: ChM1991

Re: Sky tv and pick not working

Apologies if it wasn't right 😅

This message was authored by Paul779 This message was authored by: Paul779

No standby light or microphone light on

I switch my sky glass off each night. Today 20th September I switched it on at the wall as normal but on this occasion I have no red standby light or microphone light coming on. I've switched plug sockets and still nothing. I've also plugged other devices into the sky socket I normally use and they work. 

This message was authored by Kristo32 This message was authored by: Kristo32

Re: Sky glass tv stuck on black screen with red light

@Biggsy1 wrote:

This has been going on since yesterday. How can a remote glitch turn our devises off? I've not been able to watch tv for over 24 hours! I'm losing the plot

Mate a few days ago a load of old school pagers were remotely exploded killing people. This glitch is nothing but annoying 😣

Re: Sky glass tv stuck on black screen with red light

@TOMTOM181 wrote:

I tried so many times to do what the  Sky reset said and nothing happend but then I read this post which I am reposting. I have highlighed what worked for me. I was not holding the button down until the SKY logo came on. Seriously it was at least 5 minutes!  Suddently the Sky TV sign came on, I stopped pressing it and again waited thinking nothing was happening. Then suddenly after 10 minutes it started the download.   Then once the download was done I had to pair my remote again by pressing 1 and 3.  Then I  got the code, entered it on the website on my laptop and  had to enter my pin.   Its now on after 24 hours off.   

Switch the Tv off at the wall.
Hold the Standby button on the side of the tv and switch the Tv back on at the wall. Keep the Standby button pressed on until you see the red light at the front of the Tv flash and Sky logo is on the Tv. 

The Tv will then start down loading the latest software which can take 5-10 minutes.

Only down side to this process is you will have to setup your tv again by pressing 1&3 on remote to pair your remote to the tv.

Once you have done this you will have to go on your phone or table, be logged in to your Sky account and go to Sky.com/activate.  This is where you can enter the numbers on the tv screen to activate your Sky Glass again on to your account.

Just follow the installation instructions to get your Tv up and running again.

Im at this stage but cant get on the website. just an error message!

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

can anyone confirm that they are getting an error message when trying to go to sky.com/activate?

This message was authored by Kate421 This message was authored by: Kate421

My small sky box is flashing white. I've tried everything. My remote won't work either

My small sky box is flashing white, TV won't come on and remote doesn't work it has new batteries in.... anyone help?

This message was authored by Jackqui This message was authored by: Jackqui

My sky stream went off on Thursday afternoon  and I cannot get air up to try and carry out a fix 

This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

Going to bed now.  Had enough.

No amount of trying to do things slightly differently with resetting pucks, disconnecting/powering up the TV or logging in (no exaggeration, maybe 50 times today) is going to change the activate page to say anything else except "Oops... due to our incompetence we can't organise a website to allow you to use a service you've already been using for several months..."

Thank you all for saying the same things several times over but alas, my TV screen remains blue with a six-digit "link your account" heading and no working page online to punch the **bleep**ting number in.  Eleven hours almost solid of my life I ain't ever getting back.

We can only hope that something miraculous happens in the next few hours/days/weeks* 

* delete as applicable

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kristo32 wrote:

can anyone confirm that they are getting an error message when trying to go to sky.com/activate?

@Kristo32You will get an error message of "Oops there's a problem" if you are not logged into your MySky account at  https://www.sky.com/mysky

Once logged in go to https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate This is where you can enter your activation code.

Following a similar post to yours I checked the activation page earlier this evening and it was working correctly.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Kristo32 wrote:

@Kristo32You will get an error message of "Oops there's a problem" if you are not logged into your MySky account at  https://www.sky.com/mysky

Once logged in go to https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate This is where you can enter your activation code.

Following a similar post to yours I checked the activation page earlier this evening and it was working correctly.

thank you but im definitely logged in and still getting the same. 100% its not me

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Kristo32  The only other thing I can think of is to log out and then back in again.  Good luck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Angryofhalewood wrote:

Suggestion to all Sky Stream users who have been and are still affected by this outage (ours is still off after 30+ hrs).

Do what my husband did and cancel your direct debit. They'll soon contact you wanting to know why and maybe just maybe they'll put some urgency into fixing it.

I wouldn't suggest doing this it can lead to more issues with your account .... the fix is listed in post 2 of this thread 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Ric74 This message was authored by: Ric74

@Fothergill1 done that probably about twenty times today.  Same result.  👎🏻

I'm definitely logged in.  Perhaps I have a different issue to everyone else?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion