Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Gem46 This message was authored by: Gem46

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

OK so mine still not working i don't know what to so can u send me how to get it back running as am not happy that I had nothing telling me that the tv was going to be off as there technol problem can u please get back to me thank u Gemma 

This message was authored by Sugar2024 This message was authored by: Sugar2024

Re: Sky stream not working

Mine isn't working either!!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: My Sky Puck whole home is not working. Flashing white light and not connecting to Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Willox1 wrote:

My whole sky home pick is not connecting. Not ideal for a Friday night in! It's just flashing white, tried restarting, pulling cables out. Just jot switching to sky... 

@Willox1What you are experiencing is a wide issue effecting many subscribers at the moment and is subject of THIS thread.  Read the "Answer" posted by a Sky employee and follow the link he provides.  The answer should be on the page I have linked.

Follow the instructions exactly but before you start press and hold 4 & 6 on your remote for 3 seconds.  Also make sure you are signed into your My Sky account at www.sky.com before you enter the activation code.

Also if asked to enter a PIN ignore it and switch the puck off at the plug and then switch it on again after about 30 seconds.  The puck will then reboot. 

This worked on my puck this morning and it has been working properly since then.

Good luck 🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Biggsy1 This message was authored by: Biggsy1

Re: Sky glass tv stuck on black screen with red light

This has been going on since yesterday. How can a remote glitch turn our devises off? I've not been able to watch tv for over 24 hours! I'm losing the plot

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Sugar2024 wrote:

Mine isn't working either!!

@Sugar2024 Have a look at the post just above yours which I posted just a few minutes ago 😀

This message was authored by SPARKYMARC47 This message was authored by: SPARKYMARC47

Sky puck won’t turn on

Recently had new sky puck due to problems and been away few days and the new puck won't even turn on at all I've unplugged it and waited ten minutes and plugged back in the white light comes on flashes sky logo appears on tv for few seconds then goes off the white light flashes again and then nothing 

This message was authored by TOMTOM181 This message was authored by: TOMTOM181

Re: Sky glass tv stuck on black screen with red light

I tried so many times to do what the  Sky reset said and nothing happend but then I read this post which I am reposting. I have highlighed what worked for me. I was not holding the button down until the SKY logo came on. Seriously it was at least 5 minutes!  Suddently the Sky TV sign came on, I stopped pressing it and again waited thinking nothing was happening. Then suddenly after 10 minutes it started the download.   Then once the download was done I had to pair my remote again by pressing 1 and 3.  Then I  got the code, entered it on the website on my laptop and  had to enter my pin.   Its now on after 24 hours off.   

Switch the Tv off at the wall.
Hold the Standby button on the side of the tv and switch the Tv back on at the wall. Keep the Standby button pressed on until you see the red light at the front of the Tv flash and Sky logo is on the Tv. 

The Tv will then start down loading the latest software which can take 5-10 minutes.

Only down side to this process is you will have to setup your tv again by pressing 1&3 on remote to pair your remote to the tv.

Once you have done this you will have to go on your phone or table, be logged in to your Sky account and go to Sky.com/activate.  This is where you can enter the numbers on the tv screen to activate your Sky Glass again on to your account.

Just follow the installation instructions to get your Tv up and running again.

This message was authored by Northolt55 This message was authored by: Northolt55

My sky glass still not working-total blank screen 

no infa red light to even be able to connect 

Please sky .. don't send links about unplugging/pressing standby buttons /hard rebooting when tv is not responding in any way shape or form

Your customer service needs a reboot ...

SKY glass been out of action now for at least 24 hours if not more 

Plesse don't send a link regarding this comment 

This message was authored by Rhys301 This message was authored by: Rhys301

Just keeps showing the press 7 & 9 screen and won't go past that 

This message was authored by Rhys301 This message was authored by: Rhys301

Didn't work stops at the remote setup screen asking to press 7 &9 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Marko63 wrote:

Having followed instructions on this discussion, I had actually started to get somewhere until having to enter the PIN. Having entered numbers as advised without success, and supposedly changing the PIN, I am getting nowhere yet again. INCORRECT PIN now displayed, and nothing tried will rectify. I give up, really have had enough. 

Happened to me - pressed forgotten pin and had to enter the last 4 digits of the bank account number (that I use to post sky) and it allowed me to reset the PIN number 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Gem46 wrote:

OK so mine still not working i don't know what to so can u send me how to get it back running as am not happy that I had nothing telling me that the tv was going to be off as there technol problem can u please get back to me thank u Gemma 

@Gem46 Have a look at post 2 of this thread marked as the Answer.  Follow the instructions exactly but before you start press and hold 4 & 6 on your remote for 3 seconds.  Also make sure you are signed into your My Sky account at www.sky.com before you enter the activation code.

Also if asked to enter a PIN ignore it and switch the puck off at the plug and then switch it on again after about 30 seconds.  The puck will then reboot. 

This message was authored by Killgore77 This message was authored by: Killgore77

Had THE problem got it working but now can’t access the wifi

Can't connect to the router after having THE major problem. HELP?!? 

This message was authored by StevieG4662 This message was authored by: StevieG4662

My sky pucks white light has been flashing on and off since yesterday 19 Sep - supposedly sky aware but still not sorted -  WHY ??? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

This message was authored by StevieG4662 This message was authored by: StevieG4662

Re: Flashing white lights on sky puk will not start up just keeps flashing on both my sky stream put

My sky pucks white light has been flashing on and off since yesterday 19 Sep - supposedly sky aware but still not sorted -  WHY ??? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion