Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by PESKYWAABBIT This message was authored by: PESKYWAABBIT

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@lizzitownsend I had the exact same. For at least 5 attempts.

Try hard resetting it again and and get to the pair the remote with the 1+3 buttons stage. Press and hold those two buttons.

Next; when asked if you want to have the remote control your TV also just reply with NO.

Then it popped up with the Enter PIN menu and accepted my default PIN first time.

It's the only thing I did differently to progress with mine. Hope it works.

This message was authored by Patsie This message was authored by: Patsie

Well folks, I see Sky have hit the national press and sent X into meltdown, with their inability to handle a this "technical difficulty"!

I do like the Sky response though, "Our technical teams are working hard to fix this".

I think that should read, get the ooor customer to sort out their problem for them, instead of doing it themselves.

It begs the question, do Sky actually have a tech team??

Lets hope that stuff like this doesn't happen in the future when they have a "major" technical outage, or thousands will be leaving Sky after enduring a hell of a day.

one word to describe this shambles and that is, hopeless.

Feel for all the Sky customers who still haven't got either glass back or their pucks.

This message was authored by RB29 This message was authored by: RB29

Re: Puck Set Up pin number issue

There is an issue.

I couldn't get Box to turn on all day yesterday and again today so I rang sky and was on phone over 1 hour and got it rebooted and then got to the screen that says enter PiN but after 3 attempts it still says 0/3 attempts.  Thd guy on the phone couldn't understand why this was happening so he disappeared for a minute and then came back and said there seems to be another technical issue which needs to be resolved. They resolved the fault of the boxes not turning on and now they have this pin fault to deal with. He said should get a message to say it's resolved or to Try again later. 

It's ridiculous.  But If you have Sky GO at least you can watch tv on that. Download it on to your phone or iPad or whatever.

This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

Simple Fact: Suggested reboot doesn't work for many... doesn't matter how many times you try it - it won't work and Sky need to pull their fingers out and sort it / correct their automated message which suggests this will resolve the issue (it categorically won't for many!) ... Some people are lucky enough to find 'their pin won't work'... many of us are still stuck with the system not even starting up to enable us to attempt entering a pin/resetting our systems!

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fozzy456 wrote:

This information is useless as your activate website is not working so my Glass is still dumb, a bit like Sky Management.

What a farce and poor example of customer service, no dedicated number, problem caused by Sky yet you continue to roll on in the same old way leaving us without the service we are paying for, rubbish!

@Fozzy456  I have just looked at the activation page and it appears to be working as one would expect.

You MUST be logged into your My Sky account at  https://www.sky.com/mysky  or the page will not load and will give an error message (usually Oops there's been an error).

Once logged in go to https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate This is where you can enter your activation code.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Missy+Muldoon wrote:

Simple Fact: Suggested reboot doesn't work for many... 

The currently described process isn't a reboot: it's a hard reset which (should) manually trigger a firmware download.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Glyn23Davie This message was authored by: Glyn23Davie

Still no sky glass. Have powered up and tried the pin activation but nothing happened. Restarted and have lost all apps etc, display not showing pictures on the widgets and no playback.

Thank you Sky, as been over 24hrs with no Sky Glass

This message was authored by lizzitownsend This message was authored by: lizzitownsend

No that still didn't work 

This message was authored by JohnDonald This message was authored by: JohnDonald

@TimmyBGood - Respectfully, are you here to help or to make sycophantic comments on behalf of Sky?

The fact is that, Sky has had a very very bad couple of days and the affected customers have every right to be angry.  In fact, if Sky is monitoring comments here, it will do them no harm at all to see the sheer extent of that anger.

This message was authored by R1char8 This message was authored by: R1char8

As many are saying though, it doesn't, mine is bricked now, no power.

This message was authored by Fozzy456 This message was authored by: Fozzy456

Thanks guys but its bizzare, on all lap tops it is still saying OOPS, THERE IS A PROBLEM.

I will try again tomorrow.

This message was authored by 106Charlie This message was authored by: 106Charlie

My sky glass will turn on now but won't let me connect to the WiFi. Just says could not connect to broadband. Anyone else having similar issue?
This message was authored by TomCreswick This message was authored by: TomCreswick

For the first time in 24 hours I got as far as the sync remote page. As soon as I clicked skip it shut down and went to a black screen again before the sky logo appeared. So damn frustrating 

This message was authored by Heyyomikey This message was authored by: Heyyomikey

Relating to the outage on 20/09/2024, sky glass now fixed but multi room box not working. Have turne

Anyone know how to get multi room working again. Mine can't get past the white sky screen and turns itself back off

This message was authored by Ped3 This message was authored by: Ped3

Cannot connect my link account

Been trying for 5 hours to link my account Have reset the puck but cannot link to my account

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion